Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Ttc

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 27, karachi

so it has been 1.8 year since I am TTC. doctor first gave me clomid but the U/S on day 13 showed few tiny immeasurable follicles, so now doc gave me aromek 2.5 mg for 5days. suggested to do U/S on day 13 & if follicle size would be between 1.8-2.2, then take injection of IVF.c 5000IU on the same day. I want second opinion. is this the right treatment for me?

Member of Marham-Forum

1. In unexplained infertility, oral ovaulation induction meds are not and should not be used as per both British & US guidelines. If you have irregular or anovulatory cycles only then it is recommended by both the British and US guidelines to use ovarian stimulation medicines like clomid.
2. Other oral medicines have not significantly more success rate if clomid has been unsuccessful but do have more adverse outcomes including birth defects and others.
3. In unexplained subfertility, especially if clomid has been used the best way forward is Assisted Reproduction by Uterine insemination, IVF, or finally ICSI that has the highest success rate of up to 40%.

Member of Marham-Forum

Yes this is the treatmen,,if you will get healthy follicles with the help of medicine than this inj will help in the induction of ovulation.

Member of Marham-Forum

Yes this is the treatmen,,if you will get healthy follicles with the help of medicine than this inj will help in the induction of ovulation.

Member of Marham-Forum

Would like to do a video call with gynecologist specialized in these procedures?

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Physician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories