Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Surgeon on Pilonidal Abscess

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 23 years old, Toronto

I had my first pilonidal abscess formed in 2016 the doctors had to Operate it but since it was too deep they were not able to take it out completely I had 4 surgeries since then from 2016-2017 the last surgery I had was in 2017 doctors had put tubes so the infection does not spread and till date I have the tubes in there and the infection comes and goes now my question is what is the solution I’m tired of going to doctors I have changed several doctors but nobody has a proper cure for it the doctors here in Canada tried to relate pilonidal abscess to crohns which they had a doubt that I maybe a crohns patient but upon checking and doing all the tests they found nothing that proved that I had crohns so what can I do? Or what should I do to get rid of my pilonidal abscess since it won’t go

General Surgeon in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Zahid Mahmood

Prof. Dr. Zahid Mahmood - General Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

Pls visit me I will care of it

General Surgeon in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Hassan Shaukat

Asst. Prof. Dr. Hassan Shaukat - General Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (General Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

66 Positive Reviews

Plz u need to visit and I believe u ca undergo limberg flap which can cure ur disease

Member of Marham-Forum

So sad to hear this. We are operating complicated Recurrant cases of pilonidal sinus disease so frequently at the Indus hospital THQ Raiwind if this place is near yur area. Moreover we have such set ups in others THQs like Manawan, Kahna and Sabzazar. All these are managed by the Indus hospital where every treatment, surgery medication, hospital stay, labs are free with meals

General Surgeon in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Sadaqat Ali Khan

Prof. Dr. Sadaqat Ali Khan - General Surgeon

MBBS, MCPS(General Surgery), FRCSEd, FICS(USA) | Lahore

review-stars

305 Positive Reviews

i suggest you to consult Plastic and reconstructive surgeon you probably will need reoperation along with excision of terminal segment of your tail bone.

Post Owner

Thank you Dr. Sadaqat Ali khan I will consult that with my family doctor, Thank you all the doctors for your opinions and suggestions.
God bless.

4 years ago

General Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Kamran Ali

Dr. Kamran Ali - General Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (General Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

26 Positive Reviews

Salam. Sometimes remnant infection leads to recurrence. In your case this might be the cause. And you must stick to your surgeon whom u believe the best and pray from Allah.

General Surgeon in Quetta - Dr. Mariam Salim

Dr. Mariam Salim - General Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (General Surgery) , MRCS , FACS | Quetta

review-stars

169 Positive Reviews

In recurrent cases, deeper dissection is needed and the surgeon might remove part of your tail bone. You better visit some plastic surgeon who can cover the defect with some local flap also if there is no infection.

General Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Anwar Zeb Khan

Dr. Anwar Zeb Khan - General Surgeon

MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MRCS (Glasgow), FACS (USA) | Lahore

review-stars

31 Positive Reviews

Can u inbox me all the operations done their details i mean their sumries or discharge slipsI think u are confusing pilonidal sinus withperi anal  fistula

Member of Marham-Forum

Recurrence is a common complication of pilonidal sinus. It requires wide excision. After surgery, the wound should be left open for frequent cleaning, dressing and closure by healing. Scans should be done before surgery to rule out bone involvement. Also, rule out chronic infections, especially tuberculosis. This way of treatment takes time and patience. Best wishes.

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Pilonidal-sinus-disease-and-tuberculosis.-Gupta/042-32591427, fcc042-32591427, ddb13b0138b9bea1da0e56b

General Surgeon in Quetta - Asst. Prof. Dr. Ahmed Shah Khan

Asst. Prof. Dr. Ahmed Shah Khan - General Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (General Surgery) | Quetta

review-stars

24 Positive Reviews

hi.i don't know how can it be. Canadian drs should have been able to treat ur disease as this disease is more common there than in Pakistan.but I think a rotation flap to cover the defect is the answer in ur case.but before that your wound should be clean by multiple dressings

General Surgeon in Islamabad - Dr. Zahoor Ahmed

Dr. Zahoor Ahmed - General Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Surgery) | Islamabad

review-stars

5 Positive Reviews

although it's recurrent rate is high but it's curable disease in the hands of expert surgeon. when you come to Pakistan just visit some consultant 

General Surgeon in Karachi - Dr. Mansab Ali

042-32591427, ...
Watsapp contakt please

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories