Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Nephrologist on Kidney Transplanted Creatinine 2.3mg/dl

person-avatar

Asking For Father, Male 63, Kuwait

Asslam Alaikum! My father is in kuwait with non relative transplanted kidney in 2009. He had his potassium level high a month ago at 6.1 but doctors controlled it by giving (Calcium Resonium and Sodium Bicarbonate) now its at 4.6 back to normal but his creatinine is 2.37 and urea 30 umol/l and now he has developed bilateral infection and pleural effusion in CXR admitted in hospital now. His current medications are:

1. Cellcept 750mg 1+0+1 2. Neoral 50mg 1+0+0 3. Neoral 25mg 0+0+1 4. Prednisolone 5mg 1+0+0 5. Zestril 10mg 1+0+0 6. Lasix 40mg 1+0+0 7. Leradip 10mg 1+1+1 8. Lopressor 50mg 1+1+1 9. Minipress 1mg 1+1+1 10. Calcium Resonium 15G/Leveled 30grms daily 11. Sodium Bicarbonate 2+0+2 12. Calcium Salt +Vit D 1+1+1 13. Mircera Inj 150 mcg/0.3ml once a month 14. Fefol 0.5/47mg 15. Ferrous Salt 190mg 16. Vitamin B Complex 1+0+1 17. Nexium 20mg 1+0+0 18. Paracetamol 500mg as required 19. Gaviscon Syp 10ml daily 20. Lactulose Syo 10ml daily

Sir please advise if we need to adjust any m

Member of Marham-Forum

if he got infection then Cellcept should be tappered n cyclosporine CSA level should be done
blood C/S CRP done
broad spectrum antibiotics must be given
COVID19 PCR should be done
may need graft biopsy

Post Owner

Thanks sir his CSA was 37 on 10/06/2020 and cr and ur was 233 and 31 now its decreased after five days drinking water at cr 210 and ur 30.

3 years ago

Post Owner

Dear Sir my father got covid-19 report just came yesterday and as i asked him he is given about
two tablets for bp, Neoral 25mg and a one more tablet he doesn't know. He is continuously on oxygen and drips. He was not stable yesterday but he is now and back on facebook again 🙂 His Cr currently at 190 umol and urea 27 potassium 5.1

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

very level CSA increase neoral to 25 mg 3+3
n Cellcept 500mg 1+1
tab deltacortil 5mg 3 daily times

Post Owner

Jazak Allah Sir

3 years ago

Nephrologist in Lahore - Dr. Aurangzeb Afzal

Dr. Aurangzeb Afzal - Nephrologist

MBBS, FCPS (Nephrology), RCP-SCE (Nephrology) - UK, Certification Of Kidney Transplant (University Of Liverpool, UK), MISN, MPSN | Lahore

review-stars

616 Positive Reviews

for any final opinion
patient should be seen

treatment of infection should be generous after send culture and infection screen

CMV PCR
bronchoscopy WITH BAL
must be done

zestril should stop
and
I ma not in favour of different dosing of neural
in morning and evening
but its a clinician decision

i wish him a speedy recovery
ameen

Post Owner

Jazak Allah Sir...

3 years ago

Post Owner

Dear Sir my father got covid-19 report just came yesterday and as i asked him he is given about
two tablets for bp, Neoral 25mg and a one more tablet he doesn't know. He is continuously on oxygen and drips. He was not stable yesterday but he is now and back on facebook again 🙂 His Cr currently at 190 umol and urea 27 potassium 5.1.

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories