Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Nephrologist on Kidneys Related

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 27 years old, Saudia Arabia

I am hypertension patient since 1 year. 6 months ago i had severe headache due to which i went to emregency dept of a hospital here in saudia arabia. They suggestes some test and as a result my uric acid was high thats was 7 points and creatinine was also high that is 2.4 .my hb was also low thats 8. I visited many doctors of internal medicine and finally found a nephrologist after long search here. He asked me to stop eating red meat, mangoes, strawberries, and watermelon. Now i repeated the tests a week ago and my uric acid was normal now.but creatinine was still 1.8. He asked me to continue my bp and iron tablets.and to not eat the above mentioned things as well. Now my question is that is this treatment good or should i visit pakistan and have a 2nd opinion or show it to another nephrologist there as well. Becoz here in KSA we have very limited specialized doctors.

Nephrologist in Peshawar - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sartaj Alam

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sartaj Alam - Nephrologist

MBBS (Gold Medalist), MCPS (Medicine), FCPS (Nephrology), Sub Specialization in Kidney Transplantation (UK) | Peshawar

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

Dear 27 Years old lady, You are yooung and defintely need further evaluation to know the exact cause for your kidney problem . Blood pressure in a young indvidual like yoourself and that too with abnormal creatinine is of kidney origin which would definetly need further evalaution . If you cant come please send me your current weight , Ultrsound Scan of kidneys inluding doppler of renal vessels ,lipid profile ,sugar check,Serum Albumin , Urine analysis and microscopy .You may need more specialized test . The suggestion from your nephrologist is okay for the time being .

Nephrologist in Lahore - Dr. Syed Arsalan Khalid

Dr. Syed Arsalan Khalid - Nephrologist

MBBS, Diplomate of American Board (Nephrology), Diplomate of American Board (Internal Medicine), Diplomate of American Board (Geriatric Medicine) | Lahore

review-stars

139 Positive Reviews

Cr 1.8. That’s still high but that may be your baseline and needs a comprehensive Workup to identify any further reversible cause. I think it can all be done there. You need to keep renal diet and avoid Nephrotoxics. It needs monitoring. Just contact your nephrologist there and make sure that he has looked into everything. Hope it all works out for you.

Nephrologist in Karachi - Dr. Wajeeha Elahi

Dr. Wajeeha Elahi - Nephrologist

MBBS, FCPS (Nephrology) | Karachi

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

first thing is you need to know what is the rea
son behind you dearanged renal functions,is this some acute problem or chronic renal distinction,as your hypertensive from last 1yeae,it looks like a chronic problem, you should see a Nephrologist to work out this, you need a ultrasound if your kidneys and urine d/r,,these treatments r not enough,there r nephrogists in Saudi Arabia as well,if you r visiting Pakistan in near future you can visit a Nephrologist here as well, you need to see your electrolytes as well

Nephrologist in Karachi - Dr. Mehdi Hussain

Dr. Mehdi Hussain - Nephrologist

MBBS, FCPS | Karachi

review-stars

296 Positive Reviews

Salam. You definitely need further evaluation for your creatinine. You need ultrasound renal Doppler's, urine analysis, 24 hour urine for protein and creatinine, calcium, albumin. Phosphate, rbs. If you cannot come, see if marham can arrange an online consult.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories