Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Nephrologist on Right Kidney Became Small With 10.1 Creatinine.

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 25 years old, Afghanistan

No pain in kidneys but some signs of fatigue. Low HB level. On tests, it showed small right kidney. I was told that it was stage 1 kidney problem. I have consulted you with medical files to ask whether my disease is reverseble. Can I be treated without transplantation. Doctors have suggested transplantation.

Member of Marham-Forum

kindly ist understand your problem.both kidneys are small means not working. second you need kidney replacement which mean either you have to go for transplant or dialysis. choice is yours. but you need to get full knowledge about the disease and its treatment. at the moment 4 options are there,transplant,hemodialysis,peritoneal dialysis and conservative.
honestly transplant is best.
consult your nephrologist and discuss your problems. nephrologist will help you a lot but you have make desicion yourself.

Nephrologist in Multan - Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Muzammil

Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Muzammil - Nephrologist

| MBBS | FCPS | | Multan

review-stars

158 Positive Reviews

This patient has end stage kidney disease and needs renal replacement in the form of hemodialysis or renal transplant, the beter option is transplant

Nephrologist in Peshawar - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sartaj Alam

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sartaj Alam - Nephrologist

MBBS (Gold Medalist), MCPS (Medicine), FCPS (Nephrology), Sub Specialization in Kidney Transplantation (UK) | Peshawar

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

Dear Saifullah ;

Unfortunately your both kidneys are small in size and the high level of creatinine along with low Hb are suggestive of chronic kidney disease. But as is suggested in the ultrasound done  in afghanistan that IVP will be needed to see the function it is totally
wrong (there is no need of IVP in your case ) .

Your tests need to be repeated and if it remains the same then yes the best treatment for  you would be to get live related kidney transplant . 

DR SARTAJ ALAM

Consultant Nephrologist & Kidney Transplant Physician ;

Northwest General Hospital Peshawar ;

Nephrologist in Karachi - Dr. Wajeeha Elahi

Dr. Wajeeha Elahi - Nephrologist

MBBS, FCPS (Nephrology) | Karachi

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

u need to repeat an ultrasound kidneys from a better authentic place,do visit me or any nephrologist

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories