Book Video Consultation
Stay Home
No Waiting in lines
Audio/Video Call
PMC Verified Doctors
Asking for Wife, Female, 22 years old, Karachi
My wife is an SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus) patient with lupus nephritis. She recently delivered a premature baby at 31 weeks after experiencing several serious complications during pregnancy, including lupus flare, pre-eclampsia, high blood pressure, significant edema/swelling, and proteinuria (+3). Both my wife and the baby were discharged after receiving treatment. The baby is now doing better, but my wife continues to require medical treatment and follow-up after delivery. However, her urine protein level remains at +3 and has not decreased despite ongoing treatment. I am concerned about her persistent proteinuria and want her to be evaluated by a nephrologist who has experience in managing lupus nephritis, particularly in the postpartum period. As I have limited financial resources and cannot afford very high consultation fees and repeated expensive investigations, I would be grateful if you could recommend a highly experienced nephrologist or a reliable hospital/clinic in Karachi where she can receive good treatment at an affordable cost.