Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Neuro Physician on Bells Palsy Attack Month Ago

person-avatar

Asking For Father, Male 50, gujranwala

My father had a bells palsy attack stage 2 a month ago, he is taking medicines from. Neurologist as well, i had already mentioned medicines here in my last post, i juet want to ask the every day passing he going to so much aggressive, he didn't bother anything now not even his own childs, getting aggressive on things that didn't even exist in that scenario. Is this a medication effect? What to do? He is taking rapicort 5gm, naxum 40mg i think.

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Member,
Your query has been approved and the relevant doctor has been tagged. You will receive the answer soon.

You can also discuss your issue with GP via video call for just Rs. 30. If you want to book an appointment with a GP, please visit this link:

https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-physician
Thank you.

Neurologist in Quetta - Dr. Ahmed Wali

Dr. Ahmed Wali - Neurologist

FCPS (Neurology), Fellowship Neurophysiology (AKU), Diplomat American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology (DABCN), | Quetta

review-stars

707 Positive Reviews

Taking steroids for long time does cause some agitation or psychosis but it is mild. In this case if it is going prolonged , there may some other psychological cause. In bell's palsy the recommended time period for steroid is 10 days. You should stop after 10 days. if still persists then consult your neurologist or psychiatrist.

Post Owner

But his doctor suggest him to take 30 days! Initial 15 days and again for 15 days but the doctor lesses the dose.

3 years ago

Neurologist in Quetta - Dr. Ahmed Wali
Dr. Ahmed Wali - Neurologist

FCPS (Neurology), Fellowship Neurophysiology (AKU), Diplomat American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology (DABCN), | Quetta | Book Appointment

review-stars 707 Positive Reviews

ok.stop now

3 years ago

Neurologist in Karachi - Dr. Wajid Jawaid

Dr. Wajid Jawaid - Neurologist

MBBS, FCPS (Neurology) | Karachi

review-stars

98 Positive Reviews

This can be side effect of Rapicort. if one month has passed Rapicort should be stopped. But we cannot stop it straightaway if he is taking multiple tablets a day. please share the full prescription then I can advise you. And as regards Bell's palsy, also tell about it. what were the symptoms, how is it now?

Post Owner

Rapricort started 5 in morning and 5 in evening and now its 28 29th day, and now reduces to 2 in morning and 2 in evening. And the state of bells palsy, the attach happened and still shown on face mildly.

3 years ago

MBBS, FCPS (Neurology) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 98 Positive Reviews

we will gradually taper off rapicort and see the response. if his behavior doesn't improve then you should see a psychiatrist. take rapicort 5 mgbas follows:
2 plus 1 , 3 days
1 plus 1, 3 days
1 plus 0, 3 days then stop

3 years ago

MBBS, FCPS (Neurology) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 98 Positive Reviews

rapicort 5 mg as follows*

3 years ago

Post Owner

Thank you doctor

3 years ago

Neurologist in Karachi - Dr. Hoori Shahwar

Dr. Hoori Shahwar - Neurologist

MBBS, MD, DCN | Karachi

review-stars

63 Positive Reviews

This could be a side effect of rapicort, it should be stop gradually,
Secondly what were the cause of bells palsy? Its ruled out? Is he immunocompromised? Is he disbetic?
Kindly ruleout and confirmed

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories