person-avatar

Asking for Sister, Female, 17 years old, Karachi

My sister is 17 year old. She has difficulty in walking, cannot hold balance

Neurologist in Karachi - Dr. Wajid Jawaid

Dr. Wajid Jawaid - Neurologist

MBBS, FCPS (Neurology) | Karachi

review-stars

98 Positive Reviews

walking difficulty with balancing problems in this age group can have a number if reasons. Has she always walked like this, or was she normal previously and now has balance problem? have any tests been done? is she on any treatment?
actually it's important to see the patient to reach a diagnosis. difficult to reach a diagnosis in this case on online forum. You should consult a neurologist as per your convenience

MBBS, FCPS (Neurology) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 98 Positive Reviews

number of reasons*

4 years ago

Post Owner

No she was fine a year ago. This problem developed recently. We have done her EMG / NERVE CONDUCTION TEST from agha khan. Also going to consult Dr.Sara khan in agha khan in a week but I want to know to do f there is any serious problem.
Her EMG /NCS CONCLUSION SHOWS
1- Normal recruitment with decreased interference pattern in lower limb muscles.This could be due to a central disorder or decreased motor unit activation/ voluntary effort.
2- Prolong H reflex bilaterally could be due to an early S1 intraspinal canal lesion ( like radiopathy) or an early neuropathy.
3- proximally low amplitudes of bilateral peroneal ( extensor digiti brevis) motor nerves with neurogenic units on needle examination are likely due to intrinsic foot trauma.
No definite evidence of a myopathy was notes.

4 years ago

this report alone is inconclusive. it's pointing towards a number of possibilities. which of them is present in this patient can be decided after seeing her. Dr. Sara Khan is a good Neurophysician. may Allah give your sister complete health. aamin

4 years ago

Post Owner

Thank you soo much sir!

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Sir mere Walid Sahib ha unko 1 week se neend nahi arhi na din me na raat me, aur dar lag ta ha ur kuch kha pi nahi rahe ha,, pehle problem thi unko dimagi

please kuch detail bataiye. age kitni hai, diabetes ya high blood pressure ki bemari hai kya. pahlay sai Kya bemari thi jiska aap nai zikar kiya. kin medicines par hain is waqt. etc

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories