Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Rheumatologist on Ankle Sprain

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 22 years old, Lahore

I sprained by ankle playing badminton on 18th April. It lead to swelling and pain and I was unable to put any weight on the foot. I felt better after 3 weeks (the swelling was gone and there was little tenderness) and so I did some chores standing up which lead to pain and swelling again. The swelling then took another week to subside.

I have been on bed rest now since that time. The swelling is gone again.There is noticeable reduction in tenderness as well but I am still not able to bear weight fully on the injured ankle.

X ray for the ankle was fine according to the doctor.

Its been 4 weeks since the injury. I want to know how much time do i have to rest before I can exercise or work standing up? Also, would you recommend bandaging the ankle? And what is better: ice compresses or putting feet in hot water?

Member of Marham-Forum

Your query has been approved and the relevant doctor has been tagged. You will receive the answer soon.

You can also discuss your issue with GP via video call for just Rs. 30. If you want to book an online consultation with a doctor, please visit this link:

https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-physician

Rheumatologist in Lahore - Dr. Aamir Saeed

Dr. Aamir Saeed - Rheumatologist

MBBS, MRCP (Ireland), MRCPS (Glasgow-UK), CSCST (Rheumatology, Ireland), Diploma in MSK Ultrasound (Ireland) | Lahore

review-stars

236 Positive Reviews

Thank you for asking. You need to consult an orthopedic surgeon to make sure there is no tiny fracture! You may need a CT scan or an MRI of your foot

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories