Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Rheumatologist on Fibromyalgia

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 21 years old, Karachi

Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Firstly it was misdiagnosed as GAD and I was prescribed 20 mg of Duloxetine (cymbalta). But then the dosage would stop numbing pain for a specific period of time so my psychiatrist would up the dosage and this way I ended up taking 30mg for initial 4 months then 60 mg for 4 months. Been total 8 months taking Duloxetine. But then 60mg also stopped working and pains came back. I decided not to take 90mg instead started tapering it off by dropping 10mg after every 2wks. I felt no withdrawal symptoms and pain was manageable until I was on 40mg but now I am back to the bad bad condition that I had 8 months ago.cupping therapy doesnt work anymore.Taking psychotherapy every week so that my withdrawal symptoms and moods remain manageable. But the main issue is this pain. What do I do to at least lessen it? 2 years ago traumatic event caused my fibromyalgia. My studies and daily life is being badly affected due to this pain. What do I do? I am already trying my best

Rheumatologist in Lahore - Dr. Aamir Saeed

Dr. Aamir Saeed - Rheumatologist

MBBS, MRCP (Ireland), MRCPS (Glasgow-UK), CSCST (Rheumatology, Ireland), Diploma in MSK Ultrasound (Ireland) | Lahore

review-stars

236 Positive Reviews

if you are in Lahore. you can make an appointment to discuss further options.

Member of Marham-Forum

I would recommend seeing your rheumatologist again as there are other treatment options which could be considered.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories