Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Urologist on Blood And Protiens In Urine

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 28 years old, Islamabad

I am 18 weeks pregnant.since the beginning of pregnancy i am having blood and protiens both 3+ in my urine.as i have the history of preeclampsia in my previous pregnancy the doc asked me to test creatinine uric acid and 24 hours urine protiens which were normal.she referred me to nephrologist who asked foe ultrasound KUB which shown mild hydronephrosis of right kidney and traceable proximal ureter and mild calecteal dilation in left kidney.urine culture report was normal....he gave me tamsulosin.is hydronephrosis a normal finding in pregnancy because the sonologist said so and is it necessary to take this drug? It causes lightheadedness and headache and breathlessness.if i continue taking the drug will these side effects subside?.also when I gave sample after drinking lots of water there were no protiens and only 1+ rbc's.

Member of Marham-Forum

aoa . hydronephrosis is common in pregnancy if sr. creatinine and urea are normal ... and its settled down after delivery ... no need to worry about it .
after delivery if still hydronephrosis persist then do a CT-KUB stone protocol ...
just use panadol simple if having pain ...

Sexologist in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Haris Burki

Dr. Muhammad Haris Burki - Sexologist

MBBS , Fellow of the European Board of Sexual Medicine (FECSM) , PHD , WPA-CME | Lahore

review-stars

2356 Positive Reviews

Please contact nephrologist

Post Owner

I already have as i mentioned

6 years ago

Urologist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Hassan Raza Asghar

Asst. Prof. Dr. Hassan Raza Asghar - Urologist

MBBS, FCPS (Urology) | Lahore

review-stars

83 Positive Reviews

Dont take tamsoline, hydronephrosis can b a normal finding in pregnancy. 

Member of Marham-Forum

Hi,

You did well by consulting nephrologist. You should get Complete workup for proterinuria. You can do it now after delivery, as per nephrologist advice.

Yes...Right side mild hydronephrosis is normal finding in pregnancy. But Tamsolin won’t help much for this . I would suggest to stop Tamsolin.

However you should get repeat ultrasound in a month or so. If hydronephrosis is progressing , you may need a DJ stent in right kidney.

Thanks &

Post Owner

Thank you sir....i have consulted dr.nayyar mehmood in.shifa international may b u know him...he says we cant say exactly that it is due to pregnancy as 17 weeks uterus is not that big to cause pressure on kidney and we cant do CT to rule out stone...so he gave tamsulosin....i just want to.ask.if i continue taking this drug will the side effects like dizziness and lightheadedness subside?

6 years ago

Urologist in Lahore - Dr. Faisal Tasleem

Dr. Faisal Tasleem - Urologist

MBBS, FRCS | Lahore

review-stars

55 Positive Reviews

Hydronephrosis is normal in pregnancy and no need for any medicine.if USG normal then don't worry about blood and protein in urine but keep a regular followup with urine examination
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 11:34 PM
To: Faisal Tasleem
Subject: Blood and protiens in urine (Asking for Self, Female, 28 years old - Islamabad)

Dear Dr. Faisal Tasleem,

Question:

I am 18 weeks pregnant.since the beginning of pregnancy i am having blood and protiens both 3+ in my urine.as i have the history of preeclampsia in my previous pregnancy the doc asked me to test creatinine uric acid and 24 hours urine protiens which were normal.she referred me to nephrologist who asked foe ultrasound KUB which shown mild hydronephrosis of right kidney and traceable proximal ureter and mild calecteal dilation in left kidney.urine culture report was normal....he gave me tamsulosin.is hydronephrosis a normal finding in pregnancy because the sonologist said so and is it necessary to take this drug? It causes lightheadedness and headache and breathlessness.if i continue taking the drug will these side effects subside?.also when I gave sample after drinking lots of water there were no protiens and only 1+ rbc's.

How to Reply:

* Visit: https://www.marham.pk/forum/thread/5052/blood-and-protiens-in-urine
* OR: Reply this email.

--

Thank You,

Marham - Find, Ask and Consult Doctors

Member of Marham-Forum

Hi, I have problem in enlarged prostate size 45ee in the age of 54 please advice and what is the cost of holep laser if required waiting your reply early by email jdinteriordesign@gmail.com . Thanks

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories