2 Best Gastroenterologists In Okara
Marham provides a list of the best gastroenterologists of 2023 in Okara for all types of digestive issues. You can book an appointment with the best stomach specialist near you based on their medical experience, practice locations, availability hours, patient reviews, and price range. Our stomach doctors in Okara are known for their quality services and treatments.
Who is a Gastroenterologist?
A gastroenterologist in Okara, also known as a gastric or stomach specialist, is a medical doctor specialized in diagnosing, treating, managing, and preventing conditions of the digestive system, including the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, rectum, gall bladder, bile duct, pancreas, and liver. Gastroenterologists also receive dedicated care to perform various diagnostic and therapeutic processes, including colonoscopy, endoscopy, and liver biopsy.
What are the common diseases treated by Gastroenterologists?
Functional gastrointestinal disorders affect 40% of the population worldwide. Gastroenterologists diagnose the passage of food in the GI tract (gastrointestinal tract), the absorption of food and nutrients in the body, the excretory process, and how the liver helps digestion.
The gastroenterologist in Okara specializes in diagnosing and treating all digestive conditions based on the signs and symptoms. These include;
Heartburn due to acid reflux
Pancreatitis - Inflammation of the pancreas
Hepatitis - Inflammation of the liver
Gallbladder diseases, including inflammation, swelling, or stones
Colon polyps result in a clump of cells formed on the colon lining
Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS in which stomach cramps, constipation, and swelling in the stomach
Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD (acid reflux back to the esophagus)
Diarrhea due to primary or secondary causes
Gastrointestinal cancers such as colon cancer, rectal cancer, stomach cancer, intestinal cancer, and pancreatic cancer
Hemorrhoids involving swollen veins in the anal and lower rectal region
Peptic and gastric ulcers
Blood in stool
How does a Gastroenterologist diagnose conditions in Okara?
A top stomach specialist in Okara uses a variety of techniques to diagnose and treat these problems, including;
Obtaining medical history
Obtaining family history (to rule out the chances of genetic digestive disease)
Laboratory tests to interpret biomarkers of gastric ailments, such as blood tests, PH monitoring, and CR protein test
The Gastroenterologist in Okara can refer patients to surgeons if a surgical procedure is required.
What are the services provided by Gastroenterologists in Okara?
The services provided by the gastroenterologist in Okara involve the following;
Prescribing diagnostic tests to evaluate the underlying cause of the symptoms
Providing medication to treat acute or chronic gastric diseases
Prevention of disease by highlighting possible risks for the individuals and the lifestyle modifications that prevent the disease
Management of incurable diseases
Identification of allergies and food intolerance
What procedures are performed by a Gastroenterologist in Okara?
Gastroenterologists aim to provide comprehensive care for gastric ailments. The services offered by the stomach specialist include performing investigative procedures such as;
Colectomy or large bowel resection
Colonoscopy to detect colon cancer
Gastroscopy to detect esophageal, gastric, and small intestinal infections
Liver biopsy to diagnose liver inflammations
Endoscopic ultrasounds for diagnosing conditions like Crohn's disease
Sigmoidoscopy to check the lower part of the colon
Endoscopy to investigate the small intestine
Laparoscopy to get access to the inside of the abdomen
Gastroscopy enables the gastric specialist to view the upper digestive tract
Feeding tube insertion
Stomach doctors properly evaluate the findings of diagnostic procedures to decide the further treatment options for eradicating the disease. They may provide pharmacological treatment or recommend consultation with a surgeon for surgical treatment.
What are the common gastric diseases among the people of Pakistan?
According to a PIMS report, the common gastric diseases in Pakistan include;
|Patients per year
|Irritable bowel syndrome
Children suffering from GI diseases
|Blood in vomiting or stool
What is the qualification of a Gastroenterologist?
The qualification of a Gastroenterologist include the following;
5-year MBBS degree followed by a house job
Specialization in gastroenterology
Fellowships and post-graduation
When should you see a Gastroenterologist in Okara?
You should consult the gastroenterologist in Okara at the earliest if you feel any of the following symptoms affecting your gastric health;
Unexplained blood in stool
Chronic stomach pain
Abnormal bowel movements
Swelling in the liver or gallbladder
Persistent constipation or diarrhea
Sudden weight loss followed by loss of appetite
Lactose intolerance (gas and stomach pain when consuming milk or its products)
If you are elderly (>50 years), consult the gastroenterology specialist regularly for a routine check-up as you are prone to certain life-threatening diseases such as colon cancer.
How to choose the best Gastroenterologist in Okara?
Marham enlists several of the best gastroenterologists in Okara. You can consider the following criteria before consulting a stomach specialist;
Qualification: You should look into their qualification and experience
Services: Check the relevant services offered by the doctor
Patient feedback: This will assist you in making an informed choice regarding which consultant to visit.
How to book an appointment with the best gastroenterologist near you?
Marham brings a platform where you can schedule an appointment with the best stomach specialist online near you. Book an appointment with the top stomach doctor using the “doctors near me” filter. There are 2 gastroenterologists in Okara with immense experience, qualifications, and services. You can also talk to a doctor online through our platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Best Gastroenterologist in Okara based on experience and patient reviews are:
- Dr. Imran Taqi
You can book an appointment with a Gastrologist by visiting the doctor’s profile, or call our Marham helpline: 03111222398 to book your appointment.
There are no additional fees for booking an appointment or consulting online with Marham. You only have to pay the doctor's fees.
You can choose the best stomach specialist in Okara based on their experience, patient reviews, services, qualification, and locations.
The fee of the Gastroenterologist in Okara ranges from PKR 500 to PKR 3000.
The following are the most experienced Gastroenterologists in Okara:
- Dr. Imran Taqi
The following Gastroenterologists are available in Okara today:
You can use any of the following payment methods:
- Credit Card
- Easy Paisa or Jazz Cash
- Collection via the rider
The following are the top Gastroenterologist in Okara:
- Dr. Imran Taqi
Gastroenterologist Related Diseases
- Best Gastric Ulcer Doctor in Okara
- Best Gastritis Doctor in Okara
- Best Diarrhea Doctor in Okara
- Best Mouth Ulcers Doctor in Okara
- Best Acidity Doctor in Okara
- Best Heartburn Doctor in Okara
- Best Dysentry Doctor in Okara
- Best Hepatitis Doctor in Okara
- Best Inflammatory Bowel Disease Doctor in Okara
- Best Irritable Bowel Syndrome Doctor in Okara
- Best Nausea/Hyperemesis Gravidarum Doctor in Okara
Gastroenterologist Related Services
- Colonoscopy (Lower GI Endoscopy) price in Okara
- Gastroscopy (Upper GI Endoscopy) price in Okara
- Upper Diagnostic Gastrointestinal Endoscopy price in Okara
- Upper Therapeutic Gastrointestinal Endoscopy price in Okara
- Peg Tube Placement price in Okara
- MRCP price in Okara
- Digital Rectal Examination price in Okara
- Achalasia Dilation price in Okara
- Diagnostic Colonoscopy price in Okara
- Diagnostic Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography price in Okara
- Diagnostic Ercp price in Okara
Gastroenterologist Related Procedures
- Upper Endoscopy (EGD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Stricture Dilation
- Biopsy And Polypectomy
- Liver Biopsy
- Biliary Drainage Procedures
- Esophageal Dilation
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Esophageal Stent Placement
- Balloon-assisted Enteroscopy
- Radiofrequency Ablation For Barrett's Esophagus
- Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF)
- LINX Procedure For Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Bravo PH Monitoring.
- Rubber Band Ligation
- Achalasia Dilation
- Gastric Balloon Placement
- Diagnostic Endoscopy
- Foreign Body Removal
Best Gastroenterologist in other cities of Pakistan
- Best Gastroenterologist in Lahore
- Best Gastroenterologist in Karachi
- Best Gastroenterologist in Islamabad
- Best Gastroenterologist in Rawalpindi
- Best Gastroenterologist in Faisalabad
- Best Gastroenterologist in Peshawar
- Best Gastroenterologist in Multan
- Best Gastroenterologist in Quetta
- Best Gastroenterologist in Gujranwala
- Best Gastroenterologist in Sargodha
- Best Gastroenterologist in Abbottabad
- Best Gastroenterologist in Bahawalpur
- Best Gastroenterologist in Bhalwal
- Best Gastroenterologist in Daska
- Best Gastroenterologist in Gojra
- Best Gastroenterologist in Gujrat
- Best Gastroenterologist in Hyderabad
- Best Gastroenterologist in Jaranwala
- Best Gastroenterologist in Jhang
- Best Gastroenterologist in Kamoke
- Best Gastroenterologist in Khairpur
- Best Gastroenterologist in Khanewal
- Best Gastroenterologist in Khushab
- Best Gastroenterologist in Larkana
- Best Gastroenterologist in Layyah
- Best Gastroenterologist in Malakand
- Best Gastroenterologist in Mandi Bahauddin
- Best Gastroenterologist in Mansehra
- Best Gastroenterologist in Mardan
- Best Gastroenterologist in Muridke
- Best Gastroenterologist in Narowal
- Best Gastroenterologist in Nawabshah
- Best Gastroenterologist in Nowshera
- Best Gastroenterologist in Rahim Yar Khan
- Best Gastroenterologist in Sahiwal
- Best Gastroenterologist in Sheikhupura
- Best Gastroenterologist in Sialkot
- Best Gastroenterologist in Skardu
- Best Gastroenterologist in Swabi
- Best Gastroenterologist in Swat
- Best Gastroenterologist in Timergara
- Best Gastroenterologist in Toba Tek Singh
- Best Gastroenterologist in Topi
- Best Gastroenterologist in Umarkot