Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Ent Surgeon on Pediatric Ent Surgery

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 5 years old, Rawalpindi

my son age 5 years 2 months weight 18 kg was diagnosed as having Enlarged adenoids and tonsils on 20 March 2017.Today is 28 April 2019.

We are still indecisive regarding his adenotonsillectomy surgery. His x rays showed enlarged adenoids and tonsils are clearly swollen. Surgeons and pediatricians have differences of opinion as well. During 2 years he had multiple infections causing high fever sleep disturbances snoring and efforts in breathing. I must mention here that child also has allergies and asthma according to our thinking. Pediatricians aren't yet certain if he's really asthma patient. He had one severe threatening asthma type attack for which he had to be taken to hospital emergency on 20 October 2017 but that was immediately after giving him Joshaanda. Probably it was due to allergy from menthol. ENT SURGEONS and pediatricians have advised multiple courses of different antibiotics. Regularly takes myteka 4 g chewable tablets. Many medications for phlegm and cough like

Ent Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Khurshid Alam

Dr. Khurshid Alam - Ent Surgeon

MBBS, F.R.C.S. ORL (UK). ENT Consultant. | Lahore

review-stars

691 Positive Reviews

He should have his Tonsils and adenoids removed or else his face is going to be spoiled ... unfortunately Pediatric doctors don’t use common sense and let the child suffer. His can be due to reflux in throat but have to check for that....

Post Owner

But is adenotonsillectomy safe for a child of 5 years. Few people say that anesthesia has negative impact on young children's brains. Few say that after adenotonsillectomy natural guard system is removed and in future child without adenoids and tonsils suffer life threatening infections

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Slam,according to history nd detail you told he needs adenotonsillectomy, to confirm it you have to visit to me. Thanks 

Post Owner

But is adenotonsillectomy safe for a child of 5 years. Few people say that anesthesia has negative impact on young children's brains. Few say that after adenotonsillectomy natural guard system is removed and in future child without adenoids and tonsils suffer life threatening infections

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

But is adenotonsillectomy safe for a child of 5 years. Few people say that anesthesia has negative impact on young children's brains. Few say that after adenotonsillectomy natural guard system is removed and in future child without adenoids and tonsils suffer life threatening infections.

Ent Surgeon in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Nasir Riaz

Asst. Prof. Dr. Nasir Riaz - Ent Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS | Lahore

review-stars

46 Positive Reviews

plz share the X ray if possible

Post Owner

Sir is adenoids x ray enough.
I will get x ray of adenoids done today inshaAllah. But sir pictures of x rays don't show adenoids clearly. We have older x rays as well.shall I upload those older x rays for comparison. Shall I scan and share report of radiologist only or x ray pictures are necessary. His urine culture and blood culture reports are also expected in few days inshaAllah. Will share all inshaAllah

5 years ago

Post Owner

Sir marham. Pk doesn't allow posting pictures more than 5.how shall I upload x rays

4 years ago

Post Owner

I have got results of urine culture and blood culture. Also got latest adenoids x ray results. How can I upload

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

I have issue of .... body balance .... chakar bht aty hn ... MAin chalti hune tu body ka balance kharab ho jata Kia wajh ho sakti !??,

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories