Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Hypertension

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 25 years old, Germany

I am 25 years old male otherwise healthy. Few weeks back I had nasal bleeding while sleeping. I went to the doctor and she checked my BP and it was around 170/110 to which she prescribed me BP medicine for a week. In the next visit after a week she suggested me to buy blood pressure monitor for home. She did most of my test to check if it is secondary hypertension and everything else was normal. She suggested me to monitor my BP without meds for 10 days and it was fine. So I stopped taking any meds after a week.

I take my BP readings twice everyday. For the first few week it was always below 130/80 without medicine but nowadays weird thing is happening whenever I take blood pressure reading first reading is always in the late 130s or early 140s and if I take 2 more reading with 5 minute gap each they are always lower than the first one and are in the range of early or late 120s while the diastolic is always below 80. I know the proper way of taking measurements like being seated et

Family Medicine in Peshawar - Dr. Syed Muhammad Zahid

Dr. Syed Muhammad Zahid - Family Medicine

MBBS, MCPS (Family Medicine) | Peshawar

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

which bp monitoring machine are you using....take online appointment on Marham.it would be best option

Family Medicine in Peshawar - Dr. Syed Muhammad Zahid
Dr. Syed Muhammad Zahid - Family Medicine

MBBS, MCPS (Family Medicine) | Peshawar | Book Appointment

review-stars 1 Positive Reviews

ok..
moniter in sitting position and also in lying position
eat healthy diet
avoide salt
drink plenty of water
exercise minimum 2 times a week or you can exercise weekly

4 years ago

General Practitioner in Lahore - Dr. Ikram Arif

Dear
In digital bp monoiter the is always 10 % error
Bp 10 reading kam bhi hota ha low bhi

Or different position main bp differnt hota ha

Supine position main bp kuch or ho ga or baith kar kuch or

Ap ka bp bohat Acha Control ja raha relax hown

Or dietary modification karein or exercise karein regularly inshallah bahtar ho jaein gay ap

Post Owner

Dear Dr Ikram,

Thanks for your time and answer

4 years ago

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed

Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed - General Physician

MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (E), MRGP (UK), FRSPH, CCT (UK), Family Medicine, PGDip (London), PGDip Diabetes (USW) | Lahore

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

hi
i guess it was a bit knee jerk by your clinician to start antihypertensives.i appreciate bp at initial presentation was reasonably high following a nose bleed but lot of time there is stress compensatory rise in BP.i this she did brilliant to suggest home monitor the blood pressure following initial high readings because this is more realistic and true reflection of actual BP or doing ambulatory bp record.What you have described noticing slight variations of repeating bp is very normal and physiological if you take 2/3 readings in short time span take mean of it and record for monitoring purpose.in same way there is degree of variation of blood pressure in 2 arms even done at same time but upto 10-15 mmhg is taken normal.Your bp records seems good and if all investigations including your renal function usg kidneys and some time few more complex texts have been reported normal, then no indication for medication.
regards
Kashif

Post Owner

Dear Dr Kashif,
I really appreciate you taking out time for this.Basically I am in Germany and there is no English speaking doc in my city. To see one I have to travel 2 hours which I am avoiding right now due to Corona. She did these test of mine which include Thyroid(endocrine), CBC, Kidney functionality. I don't have the reports with me but she said everything is completely normal.

At that time I had a very stressful routine due to work. I have made few changes in mz routine which includes exercise most days of the week. Quit smoking (haven't smoked a single cig in 1 month). I always take 3 readings with 5 minutes gap and take mean of that. But, still what I am worried about is that my systolic BP is mostly in the range of 130 which what I read is according to new guidelines Hypertension. Although my diastolic BP have never crosses the range of late 70s in the last one month.

Thanks again for your time. Jazakallah

4 years ago

MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (E), MRGP (UK), FRSPH, CCT (UK), Family Medicine, PGDip (London), PGDip Diabetes (USW) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 11 Positive Reviews

hi
it depends which guidelines you are following.In uk cut off is 140/90 (some say 135/85)for fit healthy person without any comorbidities like diabetes , cardiovascular problems stroke , MI etc.American are more aggressive and label any one above 120/80 but they do appreciate there is no advantage of treating BP in ranges 120-140 systolic unless high risk patients.For those with home reading average 140-149/85-94 treatment is dependent on age and Cardiovascular risk.(you can calculate your CV risk by using QRISK score on net) if above 10% which most asian and smoker would have drug treatment with life style intervention is needed BUT not for lesser readings.any thing above 150/95 need treatment.Need less to say addressing other CV risks like cholesterol, diabetes smoking weight etc is equally important so well done for embracing positive life style.
in nut shell you are on rt tract and still young so no added benefit for treatment on values you mentioned in your post if you have screened yourself for diabetes, renal problems and thyroid problems.i am happy to discuss any of your concerns if you are keen my contact is 00 four four seven eight zero nine six seven one nine five one (this forum doesn't allow to post ones personal number I am afraid) you can send me message on what's ap .I can reply when I get some time.
regards
Kashif

4 years ago

MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (E), MRGP (UK), FRSPH, CCT (UK), Family Medicine, PGDip (London), PGDip Diabetes (USW) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 11 Positive Reviews

hell
I wrote along message to give you idea about guidelines and targets but this platform has altered all these numbers I guess they don't want people to share tel numbers so bp targets have been sensed as potential tel numbers and changed.

4 years ago

Post Owner

thank you so much Doctor. May God bless you :)

4 years ago

General Physician in Rawalpindi - Dr. Sadaf Nawaz

Dr. Sadaf Nawaz - General Physician

MBBS, MCPS (Family Medicine), MRCGP (Family Medicine) | Rawalpindi

Consultation with a family physician

General Practitioner in Karachi - Dr. Wajahat Hussaini

Dr. Wajahat Hussaini - General Practitioner

MBBS, Diploma in Diabetology | Karachi

Book an appointment thru marham.

General Physician in Karachi - Dr. Rais Burni

Dr. Rais Burni - General Physician

MBBS | Karachi

review-stars

151 Positive Reviews

just relax,dont check b4 a day.take less salt than u normally use,if ur reports r normal,nothing to wory,in case of further managmnt take online appointment via Marham.

Member of Marham-Forum

Digital BP devices are full of errors. You need to take many readings and then you should take an average of all readings. That's the Only solution. Or you should get your BP checked from a mercury BP apparatus.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with General Physician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories