Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Intermittent Pain In Left Side Of Chest And Near Armpit

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 31 years old, Pakistan

I have a history of high blood pressure since last 4 years, Doctor has given me concor and eziday, (and Lasoride if I feel increased blood pressure due to improper diet) these medicines were controlling my BP quiet well despite non regular smoking. My weight is around 90 Kg. Now since last 2 weeks I am having intermittent mild pain on left side of chest towards my armpit, blood pressure seems normal. No other signs of angina (Like severe pain in chest, left arm, jaw and back side), Walking 3 Km daily does not alters my heart beat however running fast forces me to breath fast. Pain seems muscular pain not inside pain, Sometimes I have to breathe deeply to feel the pain and sometime it makes me feel without deep breathing. Lab reports (6 days old) are attached. Important to mention that during the pain my pulse rate remains normal. I have quit smoking now and now I want to clean up the mess from my lungs, guide me please. Also suggest me some good remedy to increase my HDL and decrease m

General Physician in Karachi - Dr. Rais Burni

Dr. Rais Burni - General Physician

MBBS | Karachi

review-stars

151 Positive Reviews

4 walnuts daily may increase HDL

Post Owner

Thank you sir for telling me this natural way for improving my HDL, Can you please guide me regarding the situation of intermittent pain that I described in my first question.

5 years ago

General Practitioner in Islamabad - Dr. Muddassar Ahmed

hello
thank you for your consultation
from what you have described your symptoms could be due to multiple reasons
1-cardiovascular
2-lung related pathology
3-muscular
as you have described in your message, I will acknowledge that and this could be due to your smoking and you might need a bit of lifestyle modifications
1- you need to check your BODY MASS INDEX and make sure it is under 25
2- get rid of belly fat if any
3- decrease fat and salt intake
4-add more and as much possible fibre in your diet as it will help your HDL levels
5-if you have smoking craving nicotine gums can be alternate.

note: if you continue to have pains you should see the physician in person for further assessment and possible investigations.
I hope this is helpful
please feel free to contact if any further assistance is required.
jazakallah

Post Owner

Thank you doctor.

5 years ago

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed

Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed - General Physician

MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (E), MRGP (UK), FRSPH, CCT (UK), Family Medicine, PGDip (London), PGDip Diabetes (USW) | Lahore

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

hi
though you are young but there are cardiovascular risks , overweight, smoker and hypertension and dyslipidemia .it would be nice to know a bit detail about the nature of pain-relieving factors and worsening factors .have you been investigated for potential cause for hypertension as not usual at your age to develop essential hypertension .if persistent symptoms liked to exertion and recurrent it would be important to have further cardiac evaluation like exercise tolerance and echo along with ECG.i must say at time gastroesophageal reflux can mimic cardiac pain.life style change is certainly very important and i hope you are working on it.if you need to discuss further e mail me kashiahmad50@gmail.com.
regards
kashif

Post Owner

Thanks Sir,

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)