Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to General Physician on Nicotine Addiction

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 25 years old, Lahore

I am addicted to smoking cigarettes. Its been almost 5 years since i am smoking. My diet is really bad and i drink a lot of fizzy drinks before, with and after smoking. Now after 5 years, i am facing trouble breathing (shortness of breath) and trouble in any kind of aerobic activity ( brisk walking, going up the stairs etc) I want to quit smoking. I tried multiple times but i failed. Seeking for professional help with medication.

Member of Marham-Forum

u can take nicotine chewing gums or can place nicotine patch.
but why u r breathless it bother me.

General Physician in Karachi - Dr. Rais Burni

Dr. Rais Burni - General Physician

MBBS | Karachi

review-stars

151 Positive Reviews

Professionaly experienced advice,only way to join any 40 days wd any group n leave home.May Allah help to quit it.

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Ahsan Masood Khan

Dr. Ahsan Masood Khan - General Physician

MBBS, DCPS (HCSM) | Lahore

review-stars

43 Positive Reviews

It's not easy quitting I'll agree. I smoked for 27 years a pack a day myself and had 7 or 8 failed attempts before I succeeded. And now I run a clinic to help people like you quit.
What helped me was understanding the components of my addiction and how each one worked. You have to fight three wars simultaneously and unless you understand the mechanism by which nicotine effects your brain physiologically and psychologically, you tend to take inappropriate steps to quit and fail.
Unfortunately, I am going out of Pakistan for two weeks on Wednesday so we have an opportunity to meet today or tomorrow. Or you can book an appointment after December 5. If you do, tell them why you want to see me because I normally refer all other cases to my junior colleagues now and only work with quitting and a few other areas of interest. Best of luck.

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Khurram Waheed

Dr. Khurram Waheed - General Physician

MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine) | Lahore

review-stars

64 Positive Reviews

Ok ,use nicotine patches for your addiction it will help you out

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment