Book Video Consultation
Stay Home
No Waiting in lines
Audio/Video Call
PMC Verified Doctors
Asking for Self, Female, 17 years old, Faisalabad
My legs feels heavy and pains and my muscles get cramped up a lot during night from a bit cold air or any type of excess exercise then my routine or standing for too long I’m 17 year old girl and I’m underweight too so I feel like I may have deficiencies leading these muscles cramps…is there any way to make myself more prone to these pains ? And any supplements I may take…??
Leg cramps are suddden involuntary contractions of muscles mostly occur in calf or thigh muscles
Common causes are Dehydration & Electrolyte Imbalance,Overuse or Inactivity,Medications, pregnancy ,Poor Circulation or Nerve Compression....In your case ,it seems like to be dehydration and electrolytes deficiencies like calcium, magnesium or potassium ...So
Stay consistently hydrated throughout the day.
Ensure adequate intake of dietary magnesium and potassium (e.g., bananas, leafy greens, nuts).
Perform light leg stretches before bed, especially if you experience night cramps.
Wear supportive footwear with adequate arch support
Also one of the causing factors is sleep position like sleeping on your back or stomach, your feet naturally point downward. This keeps the calf muscle shortened, making it far more vulnerable to involuntary, forceful contractions
Consider all these factors and contact doctor if no improvement...
Get done your CBC and Vitamin D. Take Tablet Iberit Folic once a day in the morning. Tablet Osnate D once a day at night for 3months. Capsule SGINDROP D 2lakh units every 15th day for 3months.
149 Positive Reviews