Book Video Consultation
Stay Home
No Waiting in lines
Audio/Video Call
PMC Verified Doctors
Asking for Self, Female, 31 years old, Islamabad
Hi there,
I 31F am chronically ill, have malrotated horseshoe kidneys with partial obstruction with mild to moderate hydronephrosis. I get gout flare ups, kidney infections, flank pain, have elevated lipid profile, normal iron, low b12, PMOS and chronic migraines.
At first I wasn't aware of the structure of my kidneys, 7 year ago, I started having flank pain and since then I have been in and out of hospitals, repeated tests, treatments. As I didn't know much about it, the doctors for 4 years kept prescribing antibiotics even when I didn't have infection, kept giving nsaids injections for pain as a result I developed many other issues.
I usually don't change doctors quickly cause telling all the health history and each and every symptom becomes exhausting for me as well. But due to some issues, I need to have another nephrologist or urologist I don't know.
I have flank pain for 6 days now, the pain is about 6 out of 10, keeping me from sleeping at night. My RFTs are fine .. in the normal range but I observed a 16 percent drop in GFR in 48 hours after my endocrinologist started me on aldactone and glucophage.
Since the day I started these, I have flank pain. And right now my nephologist is not available, I can't go to ER for pain relief cause of course they'll give a lot of painkillers and my kidneys are already showing signs of stress. Also with all the containers around the city, it's a little difficult.
I just want a doctor who knows how to treat a condition like mine and doesn't dismiss my symptoms. Cause with all these issues I barely have energy to stand a rude doctor.
I am sorry if this seems to you like I am ranting cause I am. I haven't slept in 6 days, in constant pain and have no pain relief at the moment other than Panadol which doesn't seem to help.
Thanks.
Dear Best way to consult online if u can't go to ur dr. Ur case need details live discussion to solve ur issues. I don't say consult me. Consult any Dr u like. Best of health.
Otherwise u wl b keep posting on all platforms multiple times and wl get frustrated.
I understand ur genuine concerns
Also need more relevant details history and labs reports. Why endo started aldactone? There are multiple issues to be discussed.
Better to consult either online or come to clinic physically
25 Positive Reviews