Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychologist on Psychological

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 3 years old, Nowshera

AOA. My daughter who is 3 years 4 months old is very talkative. She hardly stays quiet. It's not that her gossips don't make sense. Prob is she doesn't stop. Also she doesn't stay focussed. Like if she is playing and m sitting in that room. As soon as I get up she immediately leaves playing and follows me. Her attention is not towards her game but on whole environment. She is veryyy active. And there's no other issue . Is it normal? How do I make her stay quiet for some time? She doesn't even let me talk to anybody peacefully. Keeps interrupting as she says she wants to speak.

Psychologist in Lahore - Ghalia Arfan

Ghalia Arfan - Psychologist

Ms (Clinical Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

7 Positive Reviews

Aoa, yes it is normal as your child is 3 years 4months. Children like to get attention from everyone. Nothing to worried about.

Clinical Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Huma Aftab Sheikh

Dr. Huma Aftab Sheikh - Clinical Psychologist

BS ( Hons) Psychology ,MS (Clinical Psychology & Counseling Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

78 Positive Reviews

may b she is having ADHD kindly see a clinical psychologist and get her assessment done, second if its not too much then control her sugar intake and set a time limit for her. for certain things make a plan and ask her to listen to u calmly or either once listen to her for hour and see what she has to say.

Post Owner

I do not give her added sugar. Nothing sugary. She takes roti salam etc and fruits. Thank u all for yr response. I am also confused if it's ADHD or not.

3 years ago

Clinical Psychologist in Lahore - Dr. Huma Aftab Sheikh
Dr. Huma Aftab Sheikh - Clinical Psychologist

BS ( Hons) Psychology ,MS (Clinical Psychology & Counseling Psychology) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 78 Positive Reviews

well symptoms seems like ADHD detailed history is needed in a way her behavior in school teachers point.

3 years ago

Post Owner

Not school going maam. Ma'am I ll try booking appointment on Monday in sha allah. Grateful

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

She is very active and intelligent.. make activities more interesting for her.. by talking she try to take attention.. if you stop or snub her she will loose her confidence. So be careful with your words you use for her.. every child listen and are more focused to environment whats happening but they react differently.. she seems to be more attached to you thats why is clingy toward you.

Psychologist in Karachi - Eisha Usmani

Eisha Usmani - Psychologist

M Phil (Clinical Psychology), BS Psychology, IPP, Certified Art Therapy, Life Coach | Karachi

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

Get her psychological assesment done, to get a clear picture. There are behavioural issues which can be managed by behavioural therapy

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Member,
Your query has been approved and the relevant doctor has been tagged. You will receive the answer soon.

You can also discuss your issue with GP via video call for just Rs. 30. If you want to book an appointment with a GP, please visit this link:

https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-physician
Thank you.

Psychologist in Kasur - Mohammad Zafar Iqbal

Mohammad Zafar Iqbal - Psychologist

MSc (Psychology), DIP (Sexology), DHMS, International Affiliate Member American Psychological Association Division 38 (USA) | Kasur

review-stars

139 Positive Reviews

it looks difficult to guide through text because your daughter looks highly quirious i think baby is highly intelligent and struggling to understand her surroundings word very quickly.
but suggest you must have to visit inperson either online to any psychologist for her better understanding ,Assessment and therapy if needed.

Member of Marham-Forum

She will not even sit for online consultation. Lol. One thing is I have given her very nutritional diet always. Added dry fruits etc. May be she is intelligent?

Psychologist in Lahore - Bushra Jabeen

Bushra Jabeen - Psychologist

Ms Clinical Psychology, MSc Psychology, Advance diploma in Clinical Psychology | Lahore

review-stars

35 Positive Reviews

Get an appointment for complete assessment

Member of Marham-Forum

She is not school going. Due to corona situation couldn't admit her

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Ms. Quratulain Shehzad

Ms. Quratulain Shehzad - Psychologist

BS (Hons) Applied Psychology | Gujranwala

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

walaikum assalam... yes this is normal for this age. i also have the same experience..such kids get things very quickly... when they r getting talkative then listen to them and stopping or ignoring her will make her stubborn... when she will go to school then notice her ... probably she will settle down but for now does not need sessions etc.she only wants attention...

Psychologist in Abbottabad - Ms Romana Younas

Ms Romana Younas - Psychologist

BS(hons) in Applied Psychology, Mphil in Clinical Psychology, Post Graduate Diploma in Mind Sciences | Abbottabad

review-stars

14 Positive Reviews

Wasalam
3 year age is Child Questioning age and usually child speaks alot in this age , but depends what and how they talk, i want to ask you few questions , 1. Is your child repeat your sentences ? 2. or is your child repeat her own sentences again and again ? 3.Is she feel attraction toward very sharp,brighter objects in envirnment and pay more attention toward them ,while attending object , she ignore envirnment?

Post Owner

No to all these questions.

3 years ago

BS(hons) in Applied Psychology, Mphil in Clinical Psychology, Post Graduate Diploma in Mind Sciences | Abbottabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 14 Positive Reviews

So its normal
if child behavior doest not distrub you and not effects her functionality.

3 years ago

Post Owner

Thanks alot. M really grateful.

3 years ago

BS(hons) in Applied Psychology, Mphil in Clinical Psychology, Post Graduate Diploma in Mind Sciences | Abbottabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 14 Positive Reviews

My Pleasure

3 years ago

Psychologist in Abbottabad - Hassan Bukhari

Hassan Bukhari - Psychologist

MS Clinical Psychology | Abbottabad

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

Every child and every case has individual nature. Your child is proactive. Detailed investigation can only find indicators for hyperactivity. Your query suggests that you may require advanced #parenting-strategies to empower yourself and the child. Since every case is unique, one can only guide you better after going through a standard interview with you (not the child) and some observations of the child.

Member of Marham-Forum

Kids may talk nonstop if they’re stressed about something. They may not have strategies for calming themselves, and so they talk and talk. Some kids have trouble with social skills in general. They have a hard time picking up on social cues like body language and facial expressions. So they may not notice how other people are reacting to their talking. Trouble with self-control can also be a factor. Some kids are impulsive and have a hard time putting off what they want to do.
Some strategies to help your child have more control over it.Role-play conversations. Help your child focus on listening by asking questions about what you’ve been saying.
Have your child write it down.Teach your child to “stop, look, and listen.” Show your child how to stop every few sentences and look to see how the other people in the conversation are reacting. Do they look or sound annoyed?
Always appreciate your child when she behave in desirable way.

Post Owner

Thank u!

3 years ago

Psychologist in Gujranwala - Dr. Amber Firdous

Dr. Amber Firdous - Psychologist

MS, PHD, PGD | Gujranwala

review-stars

70 Positive Reviews

W. Slam. It's seems like some tendency of hyperactivity. You should visit a psychologist to assess your daughter. She needs some kind of help. Psychologist guide you about home activity that you can do at home with her to reduce these issues. May Allah bless your child

Psychologist in Lahore - Squadron Leader Ahmed Salman

Squadron Leader Ahmed Salman - Psychologist

Masters in Psychology, Diploma in Clinical Psychology, MS Clinical Psychology (Continue) | Lahore

review-stars

993 Positive Reviews

WS. Give her some academic tasks. Provide her toys n indoor games. Create a school environment, give her colouring copies work. Don't get worried. let her eat well & sleep for 10-11 hours. you can consult me through marham.pk for thorough investigation n counseling.

Member of Marham-Forum

Its called hyperactivity (hyperactive kid). You don't need to worry about this though.
But considering to talk to a Psychologist will really help you in this regard. I am practicing and studying child Psychology professionally you can contact me via Marham.

Psychologist in Dera Ismail Khan - Maryam Siddique

Maryam Siddique - Psychologist

MSc (Psychology), M.Phil (Clinical Psychology) | Dera Ismail Khan

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

this is not a serious issue.. no need to worry about... consult a psychologist who will guide you...

Member of Marham-Forum

w lakum Salam PL tel me about how many childrens u have

Post Owner

AOA Ma'am. I have just one daughter.

3 years ago

okay u have only child first she has no siblings and she look only parents so she observe parents so u have to deal her softly and observe her behaviour and deal her carefully and busy her in activities so she fulfil tasks some work related tasks and be care full while watching TV and incourage her on good behaviour and on Rong tel her it is not good so the child had an idea what is right and Rong and offer prayer in front of her and resite Quran beco as she listion inshallah she will be fine and contact to any psychologist for further betterment thanks

3 years ago

inshallah she will be fine

3 years ago

Post Owner

Jazak Allah Ma'am. That's wat I have been doing for past week. Have indulged her in story time. Have been dealing with her softly. Previously I used to be angry with her on pity issues. Now I have seen improvement in her. She loves listening to stories and behaves quite good during that time. If m angry she is angry and vice versa.

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Psychologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories