Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Baby Feeding Related Issue

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 0.5 years old, rawalpindi

my twins are 5.5 months old. they are exclusive on mother feed i.e insufficient for them now as they rejected feeder so no formula milk can be given to them. i have started solid diet to them at the mid of 4th month. they sleep well at night from 6:30 to 4 am during which they wake up only for milk for 2-3 times mostly. during day they take nap of 30-1hr after every 1.5-2hr and 1 long nap of 2 hrs. when they wakeup, i offer them food 1st that may includes rice cerelac, apple puree, kitchri, rice, potato, rusk and combination of these for taste change then before sleep they take mother feed and sleep. i want to ask that is it ok to offer them food after every wakeup session to full their tummy as mother feed is not sufficient for both of them now. or what should b their feeding schedule as they are not taking top feed

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Mueen Mohyuddin

Dr. Mueen Mohyuddin - Pediatrician

MBBS, Diplomate American Board of Pediatrics, Diplomate American Sub-Board of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine | Lahore

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

As a general rule babies at this age should be fed every 3 hours during day time. You can skip one night time feed if they are sleeping.
At this age one or two solid feeds are enough. Remaining should be milk feeds.
Try to increase your feed by increasing your fluid intake.
good luck.

Pediatrician in Islamabad - Dr. Intisar Ul Haq

Dr. Intisar Ul Haq - Pediatrician

MBBS, FRCPCH(UK), MRCPCH(UK), MRCP(Ireland), CCT Paediatrics(UK) | Islamabad

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

As you have already started the weaning diet, aim for 3-4 solid meals in 24 hours along with 2-3 milk feeds.

Monitor their weight gain every 2 weeks. If they are gaining appropriate weight, gradually increase build the 3 meals a day routine with 2-3 milk feeds in between. Please make sure you are offering a balanced and healthy diet including fruits, vegetables and water.

Pediatrician in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Muhammad Rafique

Prof. Dr. Muhammad Rafique - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS, FCPS, RSC (USA), PGPN (USA) | Lahore

review-stars

145 Positive Reviews

Almost ok
If they are thriving well
Increased Mother intake of fluid Will be useful to increase milk production.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories