Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Baby Weight

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 30 years old, Lahore

My baby is 6.5 months MashALLAH. She weighs about 7.1kg. Is she underweight? I have started weaning and give her sooji, porridge, rice, custard, banana, potato, apple and carrots. She is on motherfeed and takes a single bottle 3 ounce per day . Everyone says that she looks underweight and she should be taking more formula milk. Please guide

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Tariq Rafiq Khan

Dr. Tariq Rafiq Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MD (USA), DABP (USA), FAAP (USA) | Lahore

review-stars

444 Positive Reviews

She is slightly underweight,l would like to see her around 8 or 8.5 kg ,you need to increase her calories , give her on or two more bottle feeds ,continue with the rest , of her feed , also give her some iron supplements and ACD drops, one drop once a day for 5-6 months

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Mueen Mohyuddin

Dr. Mueen Mohyuddin - Pediatrician

MBBS, Diplomate American Board of Pediatrics, Diplomate American Sub-Board of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine | Lahore

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

Weight of 7.1 kg at 6.5 months of age is a good weight. She is not underweight.
With such a wide array of weaning food she may run into feeding problems. She should still be getting three to four milk feeds with two or max three solid feeds.
good luck...

Member of Marham-Forum

My baby is 2.5 year old MashaALLAH. His weighs about 12 kg. Is He underweight? I have started weaning and give him wheat porridge, egg, yougurt, chapati with soup, apple pure.. He takes a two bottle 5 ounce per day . Everyone says that he looks underweight and he should be taking more formula milk. Please guide...for few days my baby having loose stool(watery green) and voimting after feeding..how can i firm up my baby loose stool...what can i give my baby to stop voimting or motions.....please guide.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories