Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Clusture Feeding.

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 27, Lahore

my 5 weeks is on BF exclusive.. today he was doing clusture feeding. n in between those feeds when i pumped my milk it was hardly 2 oz from both sides. n un feeling my breasts totalt empty.. on regular days i pump upto 7 oz.. my question is does my newborn get enough feed when he clusture feeds ????

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you for posting your query.
We are sorry to hear about your problem. We have tagged relevant doctors for your problem. Please wait they will reply you soon.
Thank you.

Member of Marham-Forum

Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan please help.

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan

Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH (London), MRCP (Glasgow) | Lahore

Breast feeding is a whole process and has to be explained for you to understand.

Baby sucks at breast, breast sends signals to mum's brain, brain sends back signals to breast which in turn starts secreting milk ( so called let down reflex). Meaning breast milk is not automatically produced all the time, it needs stimulation by baby in form of sucking at it to start producing milk.

Hope now you get that when baby is not sucking at your breast for a period milk starts drying up. But when baby is doing cluster feeds, milk is being produced surely.

A good way to know whether your baby is getting enough milk, is to weight him regularly. Gaining weight confirms he is getting the required amount.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories