Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Combination Feed

person-avatar

Asking For Other, Male 1, karachi

My son is 2 months old, i want to start formula feed for him as I have to resume work from. next week. I want to know whether he would need any gripe water once i put him on formula?? I will keep him on combination feed but it will be at least 3-4 formula feeds in a day once i resume work. My baby is currently on exclusive breast feed and he has no gas/colic issues so far I want to know the need of water/gripe. water once the formula milk is started

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you for posting your query.
We are sorry to hear about your problem. We have tagged relevant doctors for your problem. Please wait they will reply you soon.
Thank you.

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan

Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH (London), MRCP (Glasgow) | Lahore

There is no evidence that Gripe water works. However it may cause some serious side effects. Do not use any colic drops, gripe water etc for your baby. Colic is not a disease and do not need to be treated. All babies suffer from colic, some less others more but eventually all get rid of it by 4-5 months of age.

Post Owner

Thank you for your reply doctor.
So i dont need to give my son water when i start combination feed?

4 years ago

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan
Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH (London), MRCP (Glasgow) | Lahore | Book Appointment

You do not need to give your baby anything except Milk, not even plain water until atleast 6 months of age.

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

There is no benefit of giving gripe water. milk also contains water so extra water is not needed .

Post Owner

Thank you so much doctor

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories