Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Fever And Vomitting

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 5 years old, Lahore

My son had a typhoid fever in nov 2019 and he spend 2 weeks in hospital, after a week of recovery he had again a fever, but was normal fever. From onward he was having time to time fever around 103 f, we did several time urine and blood tests and visited different doctors but fever was coming time to time. Last week we visited a doctor and he suggested urine, blood and Dsma renal scan. The results are as under, please suggest what shall we do now

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Adeel Masood

Dr. Adeel Masood - Pediatrician

BSc,MBBS,DCH,FCPS | Lahore

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

Lab reports suggest Urinary Tract Infection
which can be confirmed by Urine culture.
Ultrasonography is worrying.May be His Urinary infection damaged one of kidney aswell.Your physician seems to be on right tract.In case you require personalised opinion you can consult me personally for detailed evaluation

Post Owner

Thank you sir for your reply, Tomorrow we will get the urine culture report. Sir is this kidney damage is reversible or my son has to live with one kidney for rest of his life?

3 years ago

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

I have shared my contact details in the posted picture

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

About permanence or temporary nature of Damage.
It can be only evaluated over period of time with serial check ups.
2ndly please do follow the complete procedure of urine culture and avoid contamination for accurate results

Member of Marham-Forum

Yr child is having recurrent uti, because of poor functioning & small RT kidney.check for renal function test also. At present need oral antibiotic for uti. Start Syp: Novidat 250mg 12hrly for 1 wk then repeat urine analysis. Most likely need to put on prophylactic antibiotic later on. Also get consultation form Paediatrics nephrologist.

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you all of you, Thank God we have such a marvellous pannel of doctors here, i will act acordingly as per the instructions

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories