Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Infant Constipation

person-avatar

Asking For Other, Male 35, Peshawar

I have a twin baby girls, age about 2 months plus now Alhamdolillah. Born with C section (Full Term 37 weeks) with no complications/ nursery etc Masha Allah. Was on Mother feed only till 7 weeks but since they want more and difficult to manage so on Doctors advice, started Formula Milk Meije FMT if required. So as for now, we don't give much & maximum to 4 ounces of formula milk once only and that at night or evening (may have to increase formula milk as they are more demanding now) along with mother feed so they are getting mix feed! One of the twin is doing fine (though her weight is less and she don't take feed much even of mother and takes about 3 to 4 ounces of Formula). The other senior twin whose weight was a little better (about half kg at birth) and now too, she demands more and at times we have to give her twice formula milk each of 4 ounces. Now, after adding formal milk, She use to poop after after every 3 days and yesterday she did after 2 days. Is it fine? The other one

Member of Marham-Forum

What is the consistency of stools. is it soft or very hard like pellets ?and is she comfortable while passing stool.

Post Owner

Thanks a lot doctor for your prompt response, I am obliged.
Soft with Brownish Mustard in Color. Yes, she do it with a lot of effort and we can see with her face expression that she isn't comfortable (her face color gets red). In days when she doesn't poop, her Gas smell is so so bad..! Also, I think she is having colic as well..

5 years ago

Pediatric Gastroenterologist in Karachi - Asst. Prof. Dr. Sumbal Waheed

Asst. Prof. Dr. Sumbal Waheed - Pediatric Gastroenterologist

MBBS, MCPS (Peads), MD | Karachi

review-stars

362 Positive Reviews

SalamChange milk Smilac total comfort 1Wd dilution 2:1 ratio as prescribed on tinLearn feeding techniques to avoid gassesSyp bonison 2.5ml twice a day for 6 wksFor both twins

Post Owner

Thanks a lot doctor for your prompt response, I am obliged.

Is it necessary to change the milk. And if yes, should I change for other twin as well who isn't having any issue of constipation yet? (My wife is in favor of using Cow & gate but I opted for what Doctor prescribed in initial checkup)

Yes, my wife is so conscious about feeding techniques and apart from her own feed.. She uses ONLY GLASS bottles with extra sterilisation and we have got colic free bottles. She does apply good feeding techniques to avoid gasses.

We have used Bonnisan with our first kid so it was good experience. can we start it now as we already using D-Max for vitamin D, colic drops(herbal) for gasses and NA SPA before mother feed only!

Many thanks!

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories