Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Mother Feed/Formula Milk

person-avatar

Asking for Wife, Female, 27 years old, Lahore

Sir i have a 37 days baby girl. Sir in the first week of November she got Pneumonia and admitted in Services Hospital ICU and Nursery. They have discharged my daughter last Wednesday after 7 days of treatment. Now today she is fine as compare to previous days.

We are nebulizing her 3 times in a day. Before Pneumonia we give her formula milk as per advise of doctor. But during treatment of Pneumonia Services Hospital doctors told us, we give her only mother feed and stop giving her formula milk.

Sir My 37 days daughter didn't mother feed properly. My Wife faces low breast milk supply. Her weight is only 2.9 kg last week and this week her weight is 2.63 kg. Plz advise.

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Summera Mehdi

Dr. Summera Mehdi - Pediatrician

MBBS, DCH, RMP | Karachi

review-stars

117 Positive Reviews

Try to for only mother feed b/c bottle feed a big cause of pneumonia for increase mother feed increase mother diet n intake of water.

Post Owner

Thanks Miss. But Baby most of the time without feed. Can we give some Quantity of Cow ???? Milk. With Mother Feed. Jub Tak properly mother feed na kerna start ker da theak sa.

5 years ago

Pediatrician in Karachi - Dr. Summera Mehdi
Dr. Summera Mehdi - Pediatrician

MBBS, DCH, RMP | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 117 Positive Reviews

No you not give cow milk u give any formula milk but by spoon n cup not by bottle.

5 years ago

Post Owner

Thank you very much Respected Dr. Summera Mehdi.

5 years ago

Pediatrician in Quetta - Dr. Shaukat Ali

Dr. Shaukat Ali - Pediatrician

MBBS , DCP , DCH , MPH | Quetta

review-stars

42 Positive Reviews

Assalamualaikum first we will try to increase mother milk supply. I advising some medication for mother try it for a week and advise to mother to take more fluids like milk, water, tea juisis. Tab. Metochlophramid 5 mg TDS for 10 daysSyp. Calcium -P 2tsf TDS.If milk supply increase then no need for formula milk. Feed back me after a week.Thanks

Post Owner

Thank you very much Respected Dr. Shaukat Ali and Dr. Summera Mehdi. Ok Sir we will follow your advise and will give feedback to you after one week.

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories