Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Neurofibromatosis

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 28 years old, Europe

My 7 months other daughter has a disorder called neurofibromatics. We live in abroad, here the doctors told us that she might not grow slow as compared to other childern. She might have tumors, cancer when she goes to a specfic age. It makes me so streesed and hearbroken. Kindly doctors guide me that this disorder is so serious and how long a person can live? Please open it for the coummity if anybody is having the same disorder so they can share their experince. Please pray for my daughter health and life. Thankyou

Member of Marham-Forum

This is a chronic genetic disorder and a regular follow up examination is required for that. unfortunately, there is no permanent cure and we need to address all the anticipated complications.

Pediatrician in Islamabad - Dr. Intisar Ul Haq

Dr. Intisar Ul Haq - Pediatrician

MBBS, FRCPCH(UK), MRCPCH(UK), MRCP(Ireland), CCT Paediatrics(UK) | Islamabad

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

Children with this condition do have medical issues, not all have all the problems. Every child is different and may have different issues with neurofibromatosis. Although there is slight increased risk of certain tumors, not every child develop these.

As it is genetic condition, only the symptoms can be managed by appropriate medical professionals.

Please have a look at this link for further information.

https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/nf.html?ref=search

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan

Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH (London), MRCP (Glasgow) | Lahore

Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder which affects mainly Skin, Bones and Brain. As it is a genetic disorder, unfortunately there is no cure to it. Treatment is mainly supportive and is aimed at complications of the disease, rather than disease itself. There are two types of NF. Type 1 and Type 2. What type your child is having?

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories