Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Paediatric

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 1 years old, GUJRANWALA

My baby girl is 2 months old. 3 days ago her grandmother gave her chocolate after chewing and she ate it. Today she gave her Fauji barley porridge and tap water. I'm worried about my daughter's health. She is having colic problem and on motherfeed and topfeed. I can't say anything to my MIL. Please tell me, giving solids at 2 months won't affect digestive system of my baby?

Member of Marham-Forum

please strictly avoid anything except mother feed or formula before 4 months of age. it can cause health hazards

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Tariq

Thanks for your query.
Do no give any solid or semisolid feed till 6 months of age...only exclusive breast feeding till 6 months...

Member of Marham-Forum

Colic problem is no reason to start solid or semisolid foods at this age ... once or twice already given may not affect acutely .. but strongly not recommended to give anything other than mother's milk .. it may cause diarrhea, vomiting, or even may worsen the Colic ... plus child may have nutritional deficiencies later on ... u need to talk to your mother in law or take help from a doctor for counselling

Pediatrician in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Muhammad Rafique

Prof. Dr. Muhammad Rafique - Pediatrician

MBBS, MCPS, FCPS, RSC (USA), PGPN (USA) | Lahore

review-stars

145 Positive Reviews

At this age only milk is required.
Don't give semisolids.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online