Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatrician on Peadritician

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 29 years old, islamabad

my son 15 days .. he is giving me tough time while feeding.. today i start feeding him at 4.am morning n aftr every 1 hour continous feed i took rest for 15 min .. hut he was still hungry.. milk production is good but unable to feed his tummy.. at 2 o clock noon i gave him powder milk after which he fall asleep.. i want to ask why my feed is not enough for him ? is it normal wid infants?

General Practitioner in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Naveed

Dr. Hina Naveed - General Practitioner

MBBS | Islamabad

review-stars

21 Positive Reviews

Newborns take time to realize they r now in the outside world. Hence they like being close to the mother. That being said, u should try to pump and assess if ur feed REALLY adequate. Increase fluids in ur diet. If still not satisfied u can book an online session

Pediatrician in Faisalabad - Dr. Mohammad Fahim Ur Rehman

Dr. Mohammad Fahim Ur Rehman - Pediatrician

MBBS, FCPS (Pediatrics), FCPS (Hematology, Oncology) | Faisalabad

review-stars

45 Positive Reviews

yes it is normal for infants. mother feed is ideal and the best for babies. check adequacy of ur feed. improve ur diet and fluid intake

Pediatrician in Lahore - Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan

Dr. Jamil Ahmad Khan - Pediatrician

MBBS, MRCPCH (London), MRCP (Glasgow) | Lahore

Breast milk is very easily digestible and hence has a short transit time in baby's tummy. Giving false impressiond to mum that baby is not getting satisfied.
Formula milks are bit tough on tummy and do not get digested untill after few hours, hence giving a false impression to mum that baby gets satisfied by formula.
Breast milk supply depends on demand. More baby sucks, higher is milk production. However, if you continued to give your baby mixed feeds, eventually BF will dry up.

Continue exclusive BF please.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Pediatrician

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories