What is Orthopedic?
It is the medical specialty that focuses on injuries and diseases in the musculoskeletal (muscles and skeleton) system of the body. The major components of the system include the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves which assist you in moving, working and being active.
What Are The Doctors Of Orthopedic Called?
The physicians who specialize in the field of orthopedics are called as orthopedic surgeons, chiropractor and orthopedic physician.
An orthopedist or an orthopedic physician is a doctor involved in the diagnosis and treatment of bones, muscles, joints, nerves, ligaments and tendons. Orthopedic surgeon, on the other hand, takes care of the operative treatment of these injuries. Lastly, chiropractors are the specialists concerned with the diagnosis and the treatment of the neuromuscular diseases through manual adjustment of the spine.
When Is It A Good Time To See An Orthopedic?
You should consult an orthopedic when:
- You have inflammation in your joints.
- Arthritis following joint pains.
- Discomfort in foot or ankle
- Sprains or strains
- Loss of function caused by a disease or an injury
- Persistent or worsening back and neck pain
- Fractures of any bone
What Do The Doctors Of Orthopedic Treat?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Elbow Pain and Problems
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer’s or Baseball Elbow)
- Foot Pain and Problems
- Hip Fracture
- Low Back Pain
- Hand Pain and Problems
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Pain and Problems
- Ligament Injuries to the Knee
- Torn Meniscus
- Neck Pain and Problems
- Paget’s Disease of the Bone
- Shoulder Pain and Problems
- Soft-Tissue Injuries
Now you can find best Orthopedic Surgeon near you in all major cities of Pakistan