Betadine has the active component of Povidone-iodine (PVP-I), helps to stop infection in small burns, scrapes, and cuts. It has a distinctive golden-brown tint that indicates where it has been applied and that it is working.
We’ll discuss Betadine’s applications, negative effects, and price in Pakistan in this article. So stay here and take your time reading it.
Betadine is applied topically to the skin to treat or prevent skin infections in small burns, scrapes, and wounds.
Additionally, betadine is employed in medical settings to aid in the prevention of infection and to speed up the healing of skin wounds, pressure sores, and surgical incisions.
Some povidone iodine topical formulations are applied directly within the mouth to temporarily relieve mild mouth discomfort or irritability, sore throat discomfort, or canker sore discomfort.
Price of Betadine in Pakistan
In Pakistan, Betadine will cost between 100-150 rupees in 2022. It is available both online and at pharmacies. By clicking here, you can use the Marham app to purchase Betadine online.
Uses of Betadine
Following are the uses of Betadine;
- helping to prevent or treat minor skin infections,
- heal minor wounds like cuts, scrapes, and burns,
- prevent skin problems related to bacteria’s,
- minor skin wounds and infections normally heal on their own, but in rare cases, a minor skin wound could heal more quickly if an antibiotic is applied to the affected area as per experts report.
Side Effects of Betadine
Consult an emergency room right away if you have any of the following allergic reaction symptoms:
- inability to breathe;
- facial, lip, tongue, or throat swelling.
- blistering or crusting;
- acute irritability,
- itching, or burning;
- seeping, or any symptoms of infection.
The adverse effects of this medication could be severe. If you experience any of the following, stop using this medication immediately and contact a doctor through Marham.
There may be additional adverse effects; this is not a comprehensive list. For medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor.
When you should not Use Betadine?
- Betadine Sore Throat Gargle should not be used by anyone who has a povidone-iodine allergy or a reaction to any of the other ingredients.
- Anyone with a thyroid issue should also avoid using it. Children under the age of 12 should not use betadine sore throat gargle either.
The following list of vital information about Betadine includes:
The following details regarding Betadine storage;
- Refer to the manufacturer’s storage instructions.
- Ask a pharmacist if you have any queries about storage.
- Defend against intense heat, light, and dampness.
- Keep out of the bathroom.
- Avoid freezing.
- Keep children and pets away from all medication items.
- If consumed, this medication can be dangerous.
- Take the missed dosage as soon as you recall if you regularly use this medication.
- If the time for the next dose is nearing, skip the missed dose.
- Take your subsequent dose when it is time.
- To make up for a missed dose, do not use more medication than normal.
- If you have been prescribed this medication, your doctor or pharmacist may be watching for any potential drug interactions.
- Never start, stop, or modify the dosage of a medicine without first consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist before using this medication of all prescription, over-the-counter, and herbal products you may be using, especially of: other skin products such as corticosteroids or antiseptics.
- This blog does not cover every possible combination. Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist everything you take.
- Provide your doctor and pharmacist with a list of all your prescriptions.
- If you have any allergies, or if you have any other health conditions, let your doctor or pharmacist know before using this product.
- This product can include inactive components that could lead to allergic reactions or other issues. For more information, consult your pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history, particularly of: other skin disorders, viral skin diseases such shingles, chickenpox, or cold sores, before using this drug.
- Inform your surgeon or dentist that you’re utilizing this product prior to the procedure.
- Only use this drug during pregnancy if absolutely necessary.
- With your doctor, go over the advantages and hazards. If this medication enters breast milk is unknown. Before breastfeeding, see a doctor.
Substitutes of Betadine
Here is a list of drugs that can be used in place of Betadine.
- Povi 10
Marham’s Online Services of Delivering Medicines
Are you thinking about picking up your prescriptions from a pharmacy? There may be times, though, when you don’t feel like going outside.
There is no longer any cause for worry or depression. Use Marham’s online prescription delivery services to order Betadine right away.
Is Betadine good for wound healing?
Iodine, which is released by betadine and kills a variety of germs, is how it functions. Since betadine may be purchased over-the-counter, many individuals utilise it as a natural cure to stop wound infections. However, doctors concur once more that “Betadine is too harsh to apply to a healing wound.”
Is it okay to put Betadine on infection?
Betadine quickly eradicates the germs that cause many skin and wound infections. It can be used for the treatment of minor burns, grazes, skin infections, and scalds.
How long should you leave Betadine on a wound?
Apply a small amount of Betadine on a cotton ball after the wound has dried, and dab it over any damp, damaged areas. Give the Betadine two to three minutes to dry.
Disclaimer: The content published on Marham.pk is for informational or educational purposes only, produced from FDA-approved literature, and does not substitute professional medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider before using a prescription or over-the-counter drug, or any other treatment option.