Danzen DS contains serratiopeptidase, a proteolytic enzyme which reduces inflammation. It treats toothaches, ear and throat discomfort, back pain, arthritis, sinusitis, and muscle pain. The medicine is classified as a proteolytic enzyme, which helps manage swelling and pains.
What are Danzen DS Tablet Uses?
Serrapeptase, a proteolytic enzyme derived from silkworms, makes up Danzen DS. Its anti-inflammatory properties aid in lowering the pain and swelling linked to various illnesses. Some of the uses of the medicine include;
- Danzen for Pain Management in Musculoskeletal Conditions: The tablet is vital in alleviating arthritis pain, joint discomfort, back pain, and tendonitis by reducing inflammation. It also improves mobility in joint-related conditions and relieves chronic inflammatory arthritis, such as ankylosing spondylitis.
- Treatment for Specific Condition: Particularly effective in easing gout-related inflammation and pain, it also assists in managing pain related to osteoporosis and chronic conditions like fibromyalgia.
- Muscle and Bone Health: It is used for muscle spasm relief, reducing muscle inflammation that leads to spasms and stiffness. Additionally, Danzen DS 10 mg aids in managing bone pain through the reduction of inflammation.
- Post-Surgery Applications of Danzen: It manages post-surgery inflammation and swelling, helping faster recovery.
- Treatment of Inflammatory and Circulatory Conditions: Danzen helps manage inflammatory bowel disease by reducing associated inflammation. Moreover, it relieves thrombophlebitis, managing the inflammation, swelling, and discomfort from blood clots in veins.
- Soft Tissue Disorders: This proteolytic tablet is useful in treating frozen shoulder and bursitis, easing discomfort from inflammation in specific regions like the shoulder joint and reducing inflammation in bursae.
What is Danzen DS Tablet Price in Pakistan?
A Danzen DS tablet price in Pakistan ranges between 14-16 PKR per 10 mg tablet. It is a prescription medicine manufactured by Helix Pharma. The price of the medicine can vary depending on the manufacturer.
How to take Danzen DS?
The general instructions for taking the Danzen tablet include the following;
- A glass of water should be consumed together with a Danzen DS tablet.
- Completely inhale it. Observe the doctor’s recommendations about dose and frequency.
- Don’t change the dosage. Doing so could cause addition or frequency issues.
- If your stomach is upset, it is preferable to take it with food.
- Try taking an enteric-coated tablet since the gastrointestinal tract is harmed when you consume a tablet orally without any protection.
Danzen DS Dosage and Strength
- Danzen DS is offered as a 10mg tablet.
- Refer to your doctor and carefully follow the dosage recommendations as provided.
- Because the dosage can vary depending on the patient’s age and condition.
- Store the item at room temperature and
- Keep it out of children’s reach and sight.
- After the stated expiration date, do not use it.
What are the Side Effects of Danzen DS?
Serrapeptase’s safety has not been the subject of many clinical studies. In most cases, it is accepted. But it may have negative effects such as:
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
What are the Alternatives to Danzen DS?
- BiDanzen DS
What are the Available forms of Danzen DS?
Danzen DS is available as:
- Enteric-coated tablets
What are the Risks and Warnings for Danzen DS?
1. Allergic to Danzen DS
Danzen DS or any other medication with the same generic name should not be taken if you are allergic to serrapeptase because doing so can cause anaphylactic shock, a potentially fatal illness.
2. Alcohol intake
Danzen DS should be used cautiously if you consume more than three glasses of alcohol daily because it raises the risk of drowsiness and liver damage.
3. Kidney disease
Danzen DS should only be used cautiously if you already have kidney illness because it may exacerbate the problem. Do not forget to mention it to your healthcare physician.
4. Liver diseases
Danzen DS should only be used cautiously by those with liver problems. This is so that medications can be metabolised and eliminated by your liver. When it doesn’t function properly because of an illness, the medicine may build up in your body and have serious negative effects.
5. Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Take Danzen DS only on your doctor’s advice if you are pregnant. It might have an impact on your child’s health. Mothers who are nursing should also speak with a doctor before taking it.
6. Operating machinery
While using Danzen DS, avoid operating machinery or driving a car, as this medication can tire you and cause mishaps.
Interactions between Danzen DS and other drugs
Warfarin and clopidogrel are two blood thinners with which Danzen DS may interact. You must stop taking it for these reasons at least two weeks before surgery. Medication interactions with it include;
The following medications:
You do not have to cease taking the medication alone because of a drug interaction. But you need to discuss it with your doctor. You must provide the healthcare practitioner with a thorough history of other medical issues.
And the medications you have been taking to prevent drug interactions. Sometimes changing the dose can help avoid medication interactions. To know in more detail, discuss it with a physician through Marham.
Book your appointment with the best doctor online to discuss the Danzen DS Tablet dosage.
1. When do you take Danzen tablets?
Danzen Forte 10mg Tablet reduces pain and swelling brought on by inflammatory illnesses and post-operative wounds. Take it as your doctor prescribes, ideally 30 minutes before a meal. As it may affect blood coagulation, stop using Danzen Forte 10mg Tablet at least two weeks before an anticipated surgery.
2. How much Danzen should you take?
1-2 pills are used orally thrice daily, before or after meals. Patients who fall under the following categories should receive it cautiously. Patients with severe hepatic or renal disorders and those with blood coagulation disorders.
3. Can a heart patient take Danzen?
Preferably, people with a history of stomach ulcers or those experiencing active, recurrent stomach bleeding shouldn’t take this medication. Additionally, it should be avoided by people with a history of high blood pressure, liver or kidney illness, and heart failure.
Disclaimer: The content published on Marham.pk is for informational or educational purposes only, produced from FDA-approved literature, and does not substitute professional medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider before using a prescription or over-the-counter drug, or any other treatment option.