About Nuberol Forte
Nuberol forte tablet is an FDA-approved prescription drug containing orphenadrine which is a muscle relaxant and also relieves fever. It inhibits histamine and NMDA receptors and belongs to ethanolamine antihistamines. It is also an analgesic used to treat pain and discomfort due to muscle pain and spasm.
Available strengths of Nuberol Forte
Nuberol Forte is available in the following strength;
- Paracetamol 650mg
- Orphenadrine 50 mg
While simple Nuberol contains;
- Paracetamol 450mg
- Orphenadrine 35mg
Marketed by: Searle Pharma
Generic: Orphenadrine citrate and Paracetamol
Drug Class: Analgesic Muscle Relaxant
Product Form: Tablet
Nuberol Forte uses
Nuberol Forte is indicated for the following conditions;
- Prolapsed intervertebral disc pain
- Muscle spasm
- Muscular pain
- Lower back pain
- Menstrual pain (Dysmenorrhea)
- Fever associated with pain
- Nonarticular rheumatism
- Acute and chronic painful muscle conditions
What is the price of Nuberol Forte in Pakistan?
The price of the Nuberol Forte tablet ranges between 6-8 PKR per tablet in Pakistan. However, the cost may vary depending on the manufacturer.
Alternatives of Nuberol
The available alternatives of Nuberol Forte containing orphenadrine and paracetamol include;
How to take a Nuberol Forte?
Follow the dosing schedule prescribed by the doctor.
- Take the tablet by mouth with water.
- For enhanced efficacy, take the tablet with milk.
- If you are unable to digest the medicine, take it between your meals.
- Try to take the tablet at the same time each day for optimum therapeutic response.
Dosage of Nuberol Forte
You should follow the dosing regime prescribed by the doctor for your medical condition.
- The usual dose of Nuberol Forte tablet is 1-2 tablets every day.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose to avoid possible side effects.
What are the side effects of Nuberol Forte?
Some of the major side effects associated with the use of the Nuberol Forte tablet are;
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Urinary retention
Also Read: Tylenol in pregnancy
Interactions of Nuberol Forte with other medicines
Nuberol Forte interacts with a number of drugs, hence, it is essential to tell your healthcare provider about all the prescription, OTC, and herbal medicines that you are taking.
The interacting drugs include;
Warnings and Precautions associated with Nuberol Forte
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to orphenadrine.
- Before using the medicine, tell your doctor about any of the underlying medical conditions such as glaucoma, UTI, cardiac issues, etc.
- The medicine is contraindicated if you have myasthenia gravis as it can worsen the symptoms of the disease.
- If you are a lactating woman, avoid using the tablet.
Is it safe to use Nuberol Forte during pregnancy?
Nuberol Forte tablet is classified under pregnancy category C and considerable adverse effects have been reported in the developing fetus. However, little data is available about the effects of the drug on lactating mothers and its secretion in breast milk.
It is, however, recommended to consult your gynecologist before using the tablet during pregnancy.
What are the effects of a Nuberol Forte overdose?
The symptoms of Nuberole Forte overdose include;
- Difficulty in breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Increased urination
- Mood changes
- Over excitement
It is recommended to take the tablet according to the prescribed dosing schedule. However, if you miss a dose take it as soon as you remember. If the time of the next dose is near, skip the missed dose and take the upcoming dose as per the schedule. Avoid doubling the dose as it may result in overdose symptoms.
How to store a Nuberol Forte?
The indications to store Nuberol Forte are;
- Store the injection in the refrigerator.
- Do not freeze the injection, discard it if frozen.
- Protect the injection from sunlight.
- Do not use the injection after the expiry date.
- Storage in the original container is recommended.
- Keep all the medicines out of the reach of children.
Consult a doctor to get Nuberol Forte on a prescription for body aches and spasms.
1. Is Nuberol Forte a painkiller?
Nuberol Forte is a pain reliever analgesic that is used in treating muscular pain, back pain, toothache, etc. It contains paracetamol, hence, it is also used to relieve fever associated with muscle pain.
2. Does Nuberol make you sleepy?
Nuberol contains orphenadrine which can make you dizzy, light-headed, faint, and less alert. These effects may be more prominent in some people, hence, it is recommended to avoid driving or other such activities that can cause accidents due to altered consciousness.
3. Who should not take orphenadrine?
It is recommended to avoid taking orphenadrine if you have glaucoma, urinary tract infections, ulceration in the stomach, or any other digestive issue. People with myasthenia gravis should also avoid taking the drug as it can worsen the symptoms.
Disclaimer: The content published on Marham.pk is for informational or educational purposes only, produced from FDA-approved literature, and does not substitute professional medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider before using a prescription or over-the-counter drug, or any other treatment option.