What is Gynaecology and Obstetrics?
Gynaecology is the branch of medicine which deals with treating the women who aren’t pregnant. The health of the female reproductive system (vagina, uterus and ovaries) is their main field of specialty. On the other hand, the well-being of pregnant women and their unborn child is the responsibility of obstetrician.
What are the Doctors of Gynaecology and Obstetrics called?
The doctors of these fields are known as gynecologists and obstetricians. The former deal with the health of the women in general in regards to their genitalia, whereas, obstetricians are primarily concerned with the health and well-being of the pregnant women and their unborn child.
When Is It Time To See A Gynaecologist?
You should find a gynecologist right away when:
- If you’ve had your period for more than a year or two and your periods are still not regular (don’t happen monthly)
- If your periods are heavy, last for more than a week, or are very painful
- Bleeding between periods/postmenopausal bleeding
- Have pain or discomfort in your vagina, lower abdomen, or when you pee
- Have changes in your vaginal discharge or odor
- Think that you might have an STD (or that your partner might have one)
- Unusual discharge or soreness in the genital area.
- Painful intercourse.
- Problems with urination or bowel movements.
On the other hand, you should promptly book an appointment with an obstetrician when you have been given the news of pregnancy and should pay regular visits for a healthy pregnancy and for the health of the child.
What do the Gynaecologists treat?
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Amenorrhea (missed periods)
- Bladder Prolapse
- Congenital Abnormalities
- DES Exposure
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Endometrial Cysts
- Endometrial Hyperplasia
- Fibroids (Uterine)
- Genital Warts
- Hormone Disorders
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Ovarian Cysts
- Ovarian Hypofunction
- Ovarian Polyps
- Ovarian Tumors
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Pelvic Pain
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Toxic Shock Syndrome
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Uterine Prolapse
You can find best gynecologists in Pakistan and all cities like:
Find Best Gynecologists in Lahore
Find Best Gynecologists in Karachi
Find Best Gynecologists in Islamabad
Find Best Gynecologists in Multan
Find Best Gynecologists in Rawalpindi
Find Best Gynecologists In Bahawalpur
Find Best Gynecologists in Sargodha
FindBest Gynecologists in Abbottabad
Find Best Gynecologists in Quetta
Find Best Gynecologists In Peshawar