For many people, enjoying a cold glass of milk or a delicious slice of cheese is an everyday pleasure. But for those with lactose intolerance, these dairy products can cause digestive distress. Lactose intolerance is a very common problem, and it’s estimated that every 3rd Pakistani has this condition. Shocking right?
Also, it can be very difficult to diagnose because its symptoms are often mistaken for other problems. In this health blog, we are going to take a look at some of the hidden signs of lactose intolerance and give you the best solution.
What is Lactose Intolerance?
Lactose intolerance is a condition in which a person cannot digest lactose, a sugar found in milk and other dairy products. It is caused by the lack of an enzyme called lactase, which helps break down lactose into simpler forms that the body can absorb. When lactose isn’t broken down properly, it can cause uncomfortable symptoms like bloating, gas, and diarrhea.
Common Signs of Lactose Intolerance
Lactose intolerance displays the following symptoms:
A lactose intolerance symptom that is very common is diarrhea. This occurs when the body isn’t able to break down the lactose in milk properly, and it ends up coming out in your stool. If you start having diarrhea after drinking milk or eating dairy products, then there’s a good chance that you’re lactose intolerant.
Gas and Bloating
Another common sign of lactose intolerance is gas and bloating. This happens when the undigested lactose starts to ferment in your gut, and it causes you to feel bloated and gassy.
If you’re having trouble digesting dairy products, then you might also start losing weight. This happens because the body isn’t able to absorb all of the nutrients from the dairy, so you begin to lose weight as a result.
Do you often feel pain in your stomach after eating dairy products? Regularly having cramps or discomfort in your abdomen after eating dairy may be a sign that you’re intolerant to lactose. In some cases, people with lactose intolerance may also vomit after consuming dairy products.
How Do I tell if I am Lactose Intolerant?
If you think you might be lactose intolerant, there are a few ways to find out:
- Cut out Dairy: One way is to try an elimination diet. This means you take out all dairy products from your diet for a period of time, usually two to four weeks. If your symptoms improve during this time, then it’s likely that you are lactose intolerant.
- Lactose Intolerance Quiz: Click here to take a quiz to check if you’re lactose intolerant.
What’s the Best Way to Manage Lactose Intolerance?
Most people recommend reducing or eliminating dairy products from your diet to manage lactose intolerance. But, it is not easy to do so since dairy is one of the major food groups and provides essential vitamins like calcium. Lactose-free milk can be the solution here.
Dayfresh Lactose-free Milk
Dairyland’s automatic milking parlor collect Australian cow milk at Dairyland bio-secured farm which ensures zero human touch and milk is collected using optimal hygienic conditions.
Dayfresh has launched Lactose-free milk for the first time in Pakistan. It is the best option for people with lactose intolerance, as it is 99.9% lactose-free. Dayfresh lactose-free milk can be used in all the same ways as regular milk, so you can still enjoy your favorite dairy products without feeling ill.
Benefits of Using Dayfresh Lactose-free Milk
Dayfresh Lactose-free milk has a lot of benefits that you can enjoy, and it is perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or have other dietary restrictions. Some of the key advantages include:
- Easier to Digest: Lactase enzymes are used to lower the lactose content of lactose-free milk to less than 0.01 percent. It means it is easier to digest than regular milk and can be an excellent choice for people with lactose intolerance or sensitivity.
- Calcium and Vitamin D: It is an excellent source of calcium and vitamin D, which are essential for healthy bones and teeth.
- Pure Milk:It is 100% Australian cow’s milk sourced from Dairyland farm.
- Safe and Hygienic: Dairyland’s automatic milking parlor makes sure that the milk is collected using optimal hygienic conditions
- Hormone-free Milk: No hormonal injections or antibiotics are given to the cows, ensuring pure, fresh, and wholesome milk.
Dayfresh lactose-free milk has a delicious, creamy taste that everyone will love. If you’ve been away from milk for a while, we’d want to welcome you back with the finest that nature has to give.