Your body lets you know when it’s sensing a storm coming, figuratively and literally. Prediabetes, as the name suggests, occurs when your body is dead sure about an oncoming diabetic attack.
Prediabetes is kind of an ‘alarming call’ that you are at high risk of getting diabetes mellitus. You may also call prediabetes as a precursor to diabetes. In this disorder, patients do not show the symptoms of diabetes however their blood glucose level goes beyond the normal range. Some people also call it ‘borderline diabetes’. A prediabetic patient is not in the diabetic range. To know more about this condition find and consult with the best endocrinologist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
Causes of Pre–diabetes:
Following are the main causes of prediabetes:
- Inheritance: Risk of getting prediabetes is higher if parents or siblings have diabetes.
- Obesity: Excessive weight leads to increased risk of getting prediabetes.
- Inadequate sleep: Obstructive sleep leads to higher risk of insulin resistance.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Irregular menstruation and excessive hair growth in females. Find out about the best gynecologist in Karachi, Lahore and any other main city of Pakistan and manage PCOS effectively.
- Age factor: Risk of prediabetes increases with increasing age.
Symptoms of Prediabetes:
Prediabetes does not mainly show any symptoms. It is similar to one of those ‘silent’ disorders.
Some other symptoms of prediabetes include:
- Unclear vision
- Frequent passing out of urine
- A patient feels thirsty all the time
- Dark skin patches on body especially on neck, elbows, knees and in armpits.
Treatment of Prediabetes:
By following the proper guidelines, you may be able to overcome your prediabetes before it’s too late!
- Taking the right dose of sleep regularly.
- Avoiding fatty foods to avoid gaining excessive weight (obesity).
- Doing exercise daily
- Taking proper medication
- Having regular medical check-ups by authorized doctors.
- Refraining from high sugary meals and drinks
- No smoking
Blood Sugar Level Range for Prediabetes:
For prediabetes an HbA1c test range will show following results:
Normal = 5.7%
Prediabetic = 5.7% – 6.4%
Prediabetes is the threat sign of diabetes mellitus. It warns its affected one to take necessary precautions before prediabetes turns straight into diabetes. The patient has higher glucose level than the normal range but is not in the range of diabetes. Symptoms include fatigue, inactivity, frequent urination, darkened skin, etc. Treatments are to exercise daily, have a healthy diet, proper medication and taking proper sleep.
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018
- 7 Genius Hacks To Learn Like A Pro! - September 11, 2018
- 5 Reasons To Avoid Drinking From Your Tap Directly - September 11, 2018