Every living being goes through the process of aging. Neither can it be denied nor can it be stopped. Yet, going through it is scary as it makes the human body fragile. At first, the symptoms of aging appear on the largest organ of the human body, i.e., the skin. These symptoms include fine lines, saggy dermis, wrinkly and crinkled skin, and open pores. These symptoms often appear scary, as they become the obstacle to a flawless persona. Thus, modern scientific advancements have brought out thousands of wonders by inventing multiple skin treatments to tackle these skin-related symptoms of aging. Profhilo treatment is also one of them.
Wondering what Profhilo treatment is?
It is a skin treatment in which the skin is rejuvenated by administering a considerable amount of hyaluronic acid (HA). It’s a noninvasive dermatological procedure that helps skin to retain its luster, sheen, and shine.
This treatment is usually performed on the face, neck, hands, arms, and feet. Most commonly, people prefer to have this treatment done on their faces to get glowy and smooth skin.
How Profhilo treatment impacts Aging?
Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the human body, mainly in the skin, joints, and eyes. It provides hydration and elasticity to these parts of the body.
As humans grow older, their skin, bones, and organs start becoming fragile as this acid diminishes. As the acid decreases, the levels of collagen and elastin decrease, which in turn, makes the skin rough and dry.
Also, fine lines and wrinkles become visible on the skin. With hyaluronic acid, Profhilo heals these skin issues so the skin appears firm.
Have a look at – How to Reverse Skin Aging?
How do the doctors perform Profhilo treatment?
This skin treatment is carried out in two sessions, each 4-6 weeks apart. During this treatment, hyaluronic acid is injected into the epidermis from five different points, namely the cheeks, laughter lines, around the mouth, nasolabial folds, and the facial sides.
These points are marked on both sides of the patient’s face. The skin is gently massaged as soon as the hyaluronic acid is administered to the epidermis.
This is done to avoid extreme post-treatment skin symptoms like bruising. Yet, in most cases, swelling and mild bruising become pretty visible on the skin.
What is the time duration of this treatment?
Profhilo is injected into the dermis. This treatment takes place in two sessions, each four weeks apart. After injecting the hyaluronic acid, it spreads all over the skin of the patient.
Once it scatters all over the skin, the skin becomes smoother, shinier, and tighter. Doctors recommend that after completing one cycle of Profhilo treatment, one must take the next session within six to nine months.
If the treatment is not taken within this limit, the skin might lose its luster, so aging symptoms begin to appear.
Pros of Profhilo Treatment
Following are some pros of this treatment:
- The tone and texture of the skin improves
- It helps to deal with the skin issues like dry skin, fine lines, rough skin, wrinkles, visible pores, and saggy skin
- It helps skin to gain back its shine and glamor
- It bestows a healthy glow on the skin by providing hydration
- It also provides firmness and elasticity to the skin
- It gives softness to the skin
- It is a non-surgical treatment, so the risk of complications is minimized
- It repairs the acne marks on the skin
- It treats tear troughs under the eyes. Note that tear trough is saggy skin under the eyes and above the cheeks.
Cons of Profhilo Treatment
Are you planning to have a Profhilo treatment? Wait! Before going for it, have a look at a few of its cons, which are mentioned as follows:
- It may lead to skin redness, swelling, and bruising, as Dr. Maryam Zamani reports that the 24-72 hours after this treatment remains crucial to the skin as sometimes severe bruising and swelling might appear.
- If you have severe symptoms of aging, then Profhilo isn’t enough for you as this treatment won’t bring effective results all alone, and you have to go ahead for more dermatological procedures.
- It’s a painful treatment, as the injecting needle is pretty discomforting even after numbing
- Even if the skin is being numbed during the treatment, the symptoms of swelling, rashes, and bruising become evident after a few hours
- It is an expensive treatment
You may also read- How to Glow Skin Naturally at Home?
How long does Profhilo Treatment take to show results?
It takes three to five days for Profhilo to show its practical results on the skin. So, if you have this skin treatment, wait for 3-5 days more to have rosy-posey skin.
What is the age limit for Profhilo?
There is no age limit for Profhilo treatment. You can have it after your 30’s.
If symptoms of aging appear due to underlying health conditions or unhealthy habits like smoking before you reach your 30s, you can still undergo this skin treatment.
However, it is advisable to have this treatment twice a year to maintain healthy skin.
What’s the key difference between Profhilo and normal fillers?
This injectable moisturizing treatment is unlike ordinary fillers that increase your skin’s mass and alter the facial shape.
Instead, this treatment is the opposite, as it neither increases the skin’s volume nor changes the patient’s facial symmetry. Because of this, celebrities and aesthetes prefer this skin treatment over fillers.
What preventive measures one should take for Profhilo?
Though Profhilo treatment is a non-surgical treatment, it doesn’t mean that you don’t require preventive measures. Here are a few precautionary measures that must be taken before and after this treatment:
- Remove makeup or any skin ointment before the treatment
- Avoid blood thinners or anti-inflammatory medications before and after the treatment, as they may aggravate bruising
- Drink fruit juices and water to stay hydrated
- Prevent skin exposure to the sun for 24 hours post-treatment
- Avoid makeup or skin lotions for six to twelve hours after undergoing skin treatment
- Don’t touch injecting sites a few hours after undergoing the treatment
To sum up, it is noted that the Profhilo treatment is an excellent anti-aging treatment. Yet, it must be carried out using strict preventive measures.