Many people like me prefer wearing glasses as compared to contact lenses. It is true that glasses are not only a fashion statement but it also keeps our eyes protected. Above all, we can wear them all the time and we can rub our eyes whenever we want to which we can not do while wearing contact lenses.
Apart from all those advantages, the biggest downside of wearing eye glasses is that you might start seeing weird dark marks on the nose and under the eyes. It happens when we start wearing our glasses regularly. The drawback I have ever felt in all these years of wearing glasses was that whenever I took my eye glasses off, my eyes looked sunken. Despite wearing lenses, the only thing which felt missing from my personality was my glasses.
Well, you should not worry because, in this article, you will get to know all about those tips that will help you get rid of spectacle marks on your nose. Start Scrolling!!
How Do I Know If My Eye Glasses Are The Right Fit?
Once you start wearing glasses, it is very important for you to understand whether it’ll be the right fit for you or not. For that, you’ll be needing help from a professional eye specialist who can assess a proper fit for your face.
One of the major reason why we feel pain while wearing glasses and experience discomfort is because of the wrong fit.
Here is what you can experience when your glasses are not the right fit for you:
- Pain On Nose Bridge
Experiencing pain on our nose is a very common issue when the glasses we wear do not sit properly. Moreover, this can happen if the glasses are very heavy.
- Pain Behind The Ears
When the glasses that we wear are too small, it starts hurting us behind our ears. You should visit your specialist to get your glasses remeasured.
- Excessive Eye Strain And Headache
Wrong eye number or the wrong size of the glasses are always a strain on our eyes and head. Adjusting yourself to something which is not of your fit will always leave your head and eyes hurting.
Home Remedies That Can Help You Get Rid Of These Dark Marks
Trying out home remedies can always be a better option before opting for expensive medical treatments. Be it your skin, your hair or anything else, you should always try using some remedies before any medical treatment.
Here are some easy ones for you:
Potatoes are said to have mild bleaching properties and they can deal with those stubborn dark marks that we have on our skin since ages.
To use this on your skin:
- Peel a potato’s skin and grate it well
- After grating, make a paste by adding some rose water
- Later, add some drops of lemon juice or honey
- Apply it on your nose for at least 15 minutes and then wash away
2. Aloe vera
Aloe Vera is our skin’s best friend. Not sure if it suits everyone or not but aloe vera suits the majority of the people and does not have any strong side effects.
To use aloe vera on your skin:
- Cut and peel the outer layer of the aloe leaf
- Squeeze out all the plum from that leaf and apply this to the area of darkened skin
- Leave it on your skin for about 30 minutes and then wash off with water.
3. Lemon and rose water
As we all know, lemon has really strong bleaching properties and it can even fight with all the rough and stubborn marks on our skin and that is exactly why we can pair it up with rose water to use it on our skin.
To Use It:
- Squeeze a fresh lemon out and dilute the lemon juice to with rose water
- Apply this lemon juice and rose water mixture onto the affected area and leave it on for 15 minutes
- If you want rapid effects, use it on your skin daily as it will effectively start lightening up the dark sports.
4. Orange peel
The vitamin D and citrus that oranges contain not only makes our immune system healthy but also, the orange peels can be equally useful.
To Use Orange Peels On The Skin:
- Dry some orange peels leaving them into the sun for a day.
- Grind those dried orange peels
- Mix them with almond oil and milk to make a paste
- Apply this paste to the darkened area and leave it on until the paste dries
- Wash it off with cold water
- The vitamin E in almond oil nourishes the skin and orange peel helps in lightening the marks.
5. Contact lens
Lastly, if all these remedies don’t work, the people like me who’re a fan of glasses will have to shift to contact lenses. You need to visit your ophthalmologist and opt for suitable contact lenses.
Contact lenses are used as a substitute for glasses but, they might take a little while to adjust with your eyes. There are numerous types available, just go out and find your suitable ones and get rid of the glasses.
Talk To An Ophthalmologist Now!
You don’t have to worry about those ugly marks on your nose anymore. Talk to an ophthalmologist now by calling at 03111222398 or visiting Marham.pk. Moreover, you can install our mobile app and get all the information on your mobile phone in no time.
To book an in-clinic or online audio/video consultation, install our app by using these links below:
Javeria Adil Chughtai
Latest posts by Javeria Adil Chughtai (see all)
- 10 Secrets Of Staying Hydrated In Ramadan - April 8, 2021
- Heart Palpitations: What Are The Possible Causes And Treatments? - January 26, 2021
- Find The Top 5 Psychologists In Islamabad Here! - January 15, 2021