Table of Content
The oral cavity is home to many harmless bacteria. Usually, when your immune system is working well and you have good oral health this is nothing to worry. But neglected oral health can lead to an increase in the levels of these bacteria which can turn out problematic. Knowing when you should see a dentist and what things could be dealt with at home is important. Neglecting serious oral health issues and not seeing your dentist can lead to grim consequences.
Here we have rounded up sign and symptoms for which you need the prompt attention of a dentist.
When Do You Need To See A Dentist?
Prevention is always better than cure so, schedule regular dental cleaning and exams. Marham can help you to find and consult the best dentist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city o Pakistan. Besides this you should also book an appointment with your dentist if you have:
- Pain in your gums
- Redness and swelling in gums
- Bleeding from gums while brushing and flossing
- Gums shrinking away from teeth
- Permanent teeth that feel loose
- Changes in alignment of teeth
- Sensitivity to hot and cold
- Foul smelling breath
- Bad and unusual taste in the mouth
- Changes in the fitting of your dentures
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Sores and ulcers inside the mouth
Early diagnosis and proper treatment ensure good oral health and can help to avoid certain complications.
Must Read: 4 Best Dentists in Karachi, Pakistan
Some Oral Healthcare Tips:
- In addition to using floss and brushing your teeth mouthwash is also a great help. use of a fluoride mouthwash post brushing and flossing ensures spic and span teeth and oral cavity.
- Avoid using toothpicks and other random objects to clean your teeth. These can hurt your gums and are a source of bacteria as well.
- Rinse your mouth every time you eat something.
- Use of lukewarm water with a pich of salt to rinse ensures healthy teeth and gums.
- Chewing sugar free gum has positive effects on oral health.