Table of Content
A perfectly balanced personality is what we always try to acquire. What makes a balanced personality? for some, it is perfect dressing and hair, whereas, for some, shiny bright skin is what they consider as the best part of their balanced personality.
It is very commonly seen that the most difficult to handle part of this perfect personality becomes our skin. All those sunspots, acne scars, big brown patches whatever the cause, becomes very evident and also, hard to deal with. It is great to know that these unwanted issues of your skin can be resolved with the easiest home remedies and over-the-counter brighteners but, with the help of your dermatologist.
Just like all the issues that are mentioned above, Pigmentation is another skin condition that leads to the discolouring of the skin. This too can be treated with these following home remedies.
Treat Pigmentation At Home
Pigmentation, which can disturb the whole outlook of your skin, can be treated easily at home. Not all these remedies are scientifically backed but, some researches suggest their main ingredients work on skin pigmentation.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains an ingredient known as acetic acid, which according to the researched treats pigmentation very effectively. Moreover, using it is very easy.
How To Use:
- Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water in a bottle.
- Use a cotton or a tissue to apply it to your dark patches and leave on two to three minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat twice daily until you achieve the results you desire.
2. Aloe Vera For Pigmentation
Aloe vera contains an ingredient called aloin. Aloin has the natural depigmenting property to lighten skin and work effectively as a nontoxic hyperpigmentation treatment.
How To Use:
- Before bedtime, Apply pure aloe vera gel to pigmented areas
- Leave it overnight and rinse it using warm water the next morning.
- Repeat daily until your skin colour improves.
3. Red Onion
Red onions are very widely used to treat skin issues. The extract in it is used in many skin and scar lightening creams. According to studies, the dried skin of red onions can effectively lighten skin. If you do not want to try onions, with the help of a dermatologist you can try creams for hyperpigmentation that contain this ingredient.
4. Green Tea
Green tea extract contains a depigmenting effect. Many beauty bloggers use green tea as a toner and also to treat skin issues. Some of them suggest applying green tea bags to dark spots for a lightening effect.
If you feel like giving it a try, Here’s how to use it:
- Steep green tea bag in boiled water for a few minutes
- Take the teabag out and let cool
- Rub the tea bag all over the area that is pigmented
- Repeat twice a day until you get results.
5. Black Tea Can Also Treat Pigmentation
Black tea has been tried and tested to lighten dark spots on the skin. The black tea for good results should be applied twice a day, six days a week for four weeks for good results.
To try your own version of this remedy at home here is what you can do:
- Add a tablespoon of black tea in boiling water
- Steep it for an hour or two and strain it
- Dip a cotton ball in the tea and apply to the pigmented area twice a day.
- Repeat every day for six days a week, over four weeks.
Milk, buttermilk, and even sour milk have all been shown to effectively lighten skin discolouration. Lactic acid is the ingredient responsible for this effect.
To use milk as a treatment remedy for pigmentation, here is what you have to do:
- Soak a cotton ball in the milk.
- Rub it over darkened skin patches twice a day.
- Repeat daily until you see results.
Want To Consult A Dermatologist?
Dealing with stubborn skin issues is not easy and even if these remedies don’t work, you need to consult a dermatologist as soon as you can. To talk to a dermatologist, you can either visit Marham.pk or call us at 03111222398.
Furthermore, for quick updates and to get all your information on our mobile phone, you can install Marham’s mobile app.
Install Marham’s App Through These Links:
Stay Home Stay Safe!
Javeria Adil Chughtai
Latest posts by Javeria Adil Chughtai (see all)
- Face Yoga: 5 Surprising Age Rewinding Benefits You Should Know! - June 17, 2021
- How Job Stress Affects Heart Health And 8 Ways To Deal With It - June 9, 2021
- 10 Facts Liver Health Is Improved By Drinking Coffee Everyday - June 3, 2021