Gastroparesis is the term used for stomach troubles caused by diabetes. It is a condition in which diabetes damages the vagus nerve of the nervous system. Vagus nerve controls the rate of availability of gastric space for further digestion.
In simple words, it monitors how quickly your stomach empties. When this nerve is harmed, your digestion slows down causing the food to remain in your body longer than it should. To manage and treat gastric troubles book an appointment with the best gastroenterologist in Karachi, Lahore or other main cities of Pakistan via marham.pk.
Gastroparesis is more common in patients with type 1 diabetes as compared to those which have type 2 diabetes. This condition is also unfavorable to your blood sugar levels.
Symptoms of Gastroparesis:
Patients may experience:
- Vomiting (in severe condition, it may happen on daily basis)
- Weight loss
- Poor appetite
- Abdominal bloating
- Difficulty in controlling blood sugar level
- Feeling full quickly while eating
Complications Arising due to Gastroparesis:
- If the food remains in your stomach for too long it can lead to the growth of bacteria that may cause an infection.
- Undigested food in the stomach may become hard to form a lump called a bezoar. Formation of bezoar can block your stomach and prevent the food from moving into the small intestines.
- Gastroparesis makes it difficult to control sugar level in the blood. When the food finally moves into the small intestine to be digested completely, the blood sugar level shoots up as well.
- Excessive vomiting leads to dehydration.
There is no specific cure for this condition but its symptoms can be treated with proper medication and therapies.
- Controlling your blood sugar level proves to be a big help. Ask your doctor for a proper schedule of insulin intake. Also check your sugar level more often. Keep in touch with your endocrinologist. You can find and consult with the best endocrinologist in Karachi, Lahore or any other main city of Pakistan via Marham.pk.
- Your doctor may prescribe you medicinal drugs like antihistamines and antibiotics to relieve the symptoms.
- Instead of taking large meals thrice a day, smaller meals eaten periodically (6 times a day) may help ease gastroparesis. In this way, your stomach will have less food to digest at a time and it will be easier for the food to leave the stomach more quickly.
Diabetes can cause other systems to malfunction because it disturbs the hormonal management of the body. It’s best to not take even the slightest of the abnormalities lightly and consult your doctor immediately.
Few Most Popular Gastroenterologist:
Latest posts by Noorul Huda (see all)
- 5 Useful Tips For Heart Patients To Follow During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- 5 Effective Tips To Prevent Headaches And Migraines During Ramadan - May 30, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Caffeine: Sources And Advantages. - September 17, 2018