Table of Content
Do you want to know a simple but healthiest snack that can give you a lot of nutrition? And do you want to know the best protein diet that is cheap but can give you nutrition like meat? Yes, I am referring to crunchy legumes that are healthiest snacks-the roasted grams. You can get the benefits of these roasted grams every day by just eating a handful of them.
Grams or black chickpeas belong to the Fabaceae (legume) family. They are crunchy like nuts and have a shape like legumes. Roasted grams can be consumed in different forms with various recipes. As they are a rich source of vitamins, protein, fibers, that’s why roasted gram advantages are beyond our imagination.
They help manage weight, reducing risks of various diseases, maintain the health of your digestive system, give benefits to your skin, etc.
Chickpeas have two varieties but the black chickpeas have more nutritional value. They are known as Channa in south Asian countries. They have maximum nutrition when eaten in the roasted form (bhunay chanay). This article will discuss some benefits of roasted grams.
Also read: 7 Amazing Cinnamon/Daar Cheeni Benefits
Roasted Grams Nutrition
They are low in fat, high in dietary fiber, and rich in vitamins and minerals. So, chickpeas are indeed a healthy addition to your diet. 3 tablespoons of these legumes are equivalent to one portion of the daily recommended five portions of fruits and vegetables. The health benefits of black chickpeas are as follows.
Serving: 100 g
|Total Fat||6.04 g||Potassium||718 mg|
|Saturated||0.603 g||Total Carbs||27 g|
|Polyunsaturated||2.731 g||Dietary Fiber||12.2 g|
|Monounsaturated||1.377 g||Sugars||10.70 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||20.47 g|
Benefits of Roasted Grams
There are various benefits of bhunay chanay/roasted grams, some of them are listed below:
- Roasted grams can control your weight by controlling your appetite. They are rich in fiber and protein that’s why they slow down digestion and enhance the feeling of fullness.
- They are low-calorie diet that’s it helps in managing your weight.
- Bhunay Chanay is a great source of plant-based protein, making them an appropriate food choice for vegetarian people. 1-ounce (28-gram) serving provides about 3 grams of protein.
- Grams control your blood sugar as they have a low-glycemic index that means they can raise your blood sugar slowly.
- They are rich with vitamins so roasted chana benefits your skin and hair.
- Good for your digestive system, as they have a lot of fiber in them. The soluble fiber in roasted grams makes a gel in your intestine. They increase the normal flora of the gut i-e good bacteria.
- Have minerals like potassium and magnesium that are good for your heart’s health
- Control your blood pressure and control cholesterol levels.
- Help in the production of butyrate, which is anti-inflammatory and decreases the chances of colon cancer.
- Have special chemical saponins, that prevents many types of cancers and tumor growth
- Are a rich source of vitamin B, which helps in reducing the chances of breast and lung cancers.
- Are not very expensive and easily available in the market.
What is the Roasted Gram/Bhunay Chanay Recipe?
You can add Bhunay chanay in many dishes. They can be eaten by simply roasting them in an oven in your kitchen. Soak the black grams in water for 6 hours. And then drain the water. Dry the grams/chanay on a towel. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees centigrade. Then put the dried chanay/grams on the roasting tray and pour a little amount of olive oil and sprinkle some salt on them.
Roast the grams for 40 minutes and keep stirring them after every 15 minutes. After 40 minutes remove them from the oven and sprinkle more spices and masalas if you like. Enjoy these bhunay chanay in this form or you can add them in your chaat. You can store them in an airtight jar for weeks.
FAQs Related to Bhunay Chanay/Roasted Grams:
How much roasted chana to eat daily?
3-4 tablespoons or a half cup of roasted chana are enough to fulfill your daily requirement of protein and other nutrients.
When to eat roasted chana?
You can eat them at your snack time during the day and also at the night with a warm glass of milk.
What are some benefits of roasted grams?
- Prevent various chronic diseases
- Control blood sugar
- Regulate digestion
- Manage weight
- Healthy for skin and hair
- Healthy snack
Why you Should eat roasted grams?
Roasted grams are full of nutrients and they are better than unhealthy snacks. So it is better to eat roasted chana instead of unhealthy snacks.
Is roasted gram good for your health?
Yes, they are a good source of vitamins, minerals, soluble fibers, and proteins. That’s why roasted grams are very beneficial for your health.
Roasted grams and other legumes/beans are under rated food choices. And they are not the first choice for snacks or meals. Hence, many people do not get benefit from these inexpensive snacks.
Though, we should eat these healthy legumes daily to fulfil our daily requirement of nutrients. In addition to roasted grams nutritious benefits, they are easy to cook and consume. So try to include them in your daily diet!
Latest posts by Aiman Usman (Doctor of Pharmacy) (see all)
- Top 9 Mint Benefits You Need to Know! - July 23, 2021
- 5 Top Stomach Problems In Pakistan - July 20, 2021
- 5 Digestive Issues on Eid-ul-Azha You Should Remember! - July 20, 2021