The intensity of mental illness in the world is very alarming. With the progress in medical science, you might think that mental disorders would have decreased with the interventions available for patients. But, NO. The number of patients is still increasing. What makes it severely serious, is that it also relates & linked with other diseases like diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular diseases, etc. It means eating healthy foods does not only prevent us from metabolic disorders. But it can also bring betterment for mental health.
We live in a world where everyone misunderstands good health for a perfectly shaped body, and they are willing to work hard for it while neglecting their mental health. They often find it uncomfortable to discuss their mental health. When we live in with high levels of stress, it is very important that we start paying attention & listen up to our mental health too. It is an infinite must. And the first step to obtaining that is to maintain a healthy diet. Clean eating can take you a long way towards sound health. The regular consumption of fruits and vegetables specifically are also beneficial for your mental health.
Read Also: 5 Best Psychiatrists In Lahore
Researchers said that consuming at least 3 servings of fruits and vegetables daily can be constructive. When you eat the suitable kinds of food, your body yields more serotonin, It is a hormone that regulates your mood, sleep, and appetite. People, who eat foods with prebiotics like leafy green vegetables can contribute to reducing levels of anxiety and improve the mental point of view. It also prevents you from many ailments such as the danger of obesity, some types of cancers, type 2 diabetes, heart diseases & strokes. If you are suffering from any metabolic disorder, you can Find and Consult the Psychiatrist for a better evaluation of the disease.
’A wise man once said that a healthy body is like a temple for a healthy mind’
Best Foods For The Brain
- Avocado is one of the healthiest fruit which you can consume. While avocados often get a bad reputation because of its high-fat content.
- It contains vitamin K and folate & helps prevent blood clots in the brain. Thus, providing protection against stroke. It helps to improve memory and concentration.
- It is an awesome food for many people, even vegetable lovers. The natural nitrate in beets boosts blood flow to the brain, helping with good mental performance.
- They reduce inflammations. They are high in cancer-protecting antioxidants and help rid your blood toxins.
Blueberries, Blackberries, & Raspberries
- They are full of antioxidants as well as effective flavonoids that can keep your memory sharp.
- Blueberries are especially good at protecting our brains from stress & depression.
Green, Leafy Vegetables
Leafy greens such as spinach, turnip and broccoli are high in folic acid, as are lentils. The deficiencies have been linked with higher rates of depression, fatigue, and insomnia. You can consult with The Best Psychiatrist in Lahore If you find something relevant.
Green & leafy vegetables are also a source of vitamins A and K. Which help fight inflammations & keep bones strong.
They are packed with antioxidants that can prevent oxidative damage to your brain cells. Some other Foods include.
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Wild salmon
- Dandelion greens
- Pumpkin Seed
- Brain Power Supplements
Book your appointment with one of the best psychiatrists in your hometown. Marham is here to help. Visit our site and get an appointment with a doctor now.