Influenza is a common disease in the world and every person in this world has faced it definitely many times in the life. Due to this common disease, a common name of flu has been given to it. It is actually a viral disease in which your respiratory system effects. You feel problems in your throat, nose, and lungs. This disease is not very dangerous and disappears in a week or so, but sometimes, can be very harmful especially in children and the elders.
It is due to the fact that the immune systems of these people are weak, so if even young people have a low immune rate, they can also be the serious victims of flu so if it persists for a longer period of time, you must consult an ENT specialist who will guide you further.
If you want to prevent yourself, your children and elders, you need a proper vaccination after a year in any case. It will help you to prevent from this disease and if you have become a victim, help you to avoid yourself from a severe reaction of it.
As described earlier, it is not a very serious disease in most of the cases so can be handled with the help of home remedies. We are sharing some remedies in the following lines with you so you can use anyone in the early stages:
- The best thing to improve yourself against the flu is to stay at home and rest as much as you can.
- You need a plenty of fluids to keep your respiratory system hydrated. There can be anything like broth-based soups, fruit juices and sports drinks etc.
- If you are feeling pain in your body or have a high temperature, treat it with medication like acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or naproxen.
- One of the best advice in this situation is to breathe in a steam which will help you to control the situation and you will breathe much better after that.
- Lozenge helps you a lot if you are a victim of flu as it gives moisture to your throat.
If you are still feeling that you are not recovering, you must try to find an ENT specialist or general physician who will give you some antibiotics or anti-viral medicines and you will definitely be recovered in less than a week or so.