Here we will discuss the uses, side effects, and price of Ipratropium in detail for those suffering from breathing issues.
Ipratropium is an oral inhalation medication used to treat people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It is effective against wheezing, breathlessness, cough, chest congestion, and chest tightness.
Patients with lung diseases like chronic bronchitis, asthma, or emphysema can also use this oral inhalation as it opens up their air pathways and, thus, aids in breathing.
It is used to treat rhinorrhea, which is a respiratory problem with a runny nose. It is also used for treating hay fever or allergic rhinitis. This medication comes in the form of a solution and is only sold on a doctor’s prescription.
- Zafa Pharmaceutical Labs (Pvt) Ltd
- Ipratropium Bromide
Furthermore, you can also connect with Marham’s internal medicine specialist for details about the usage of this medicine.
What is the Price of Ipratropium in Pakistan?
In Pakistan, Ipratropium will cost worth rupees 426.35 in 2023. It is available both online and at pharmacies.
Ipratropium Uses and Effects
According to FDA, the following are the uses of Ipratropium:
- Controls wheezing and shortness of breath
- Effective for bronchitis and emphysema
- Lung muscle relaxant
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
What are the Side Effects of Ipratropium?
Following are some side effects of Ipratropium
- Bladder discomfort
- Cloudy urine
- Blood in urine
- Painful urination
- Cough with mucus
- Frequent urination
- Chest tightness
- Ringing in the ear
- Loss of voice
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
A few rare side effects of this inhaling liquid may be:
If you are suffering from any of the above-mentioned side effects then we would suggest you consult with a general physician right now to have its treatment.
Who should not use Ipratropium?
Do not use this medicine if you are:
- Allergic to Tiotropium, Atropine, or Belladonna-related drugs
- A person with a medical or family history of glaucoma or prostate problem
- Older adults must talk to a doctor before using this oral inhalation, especially those with urinary issues or constipation.
What are the preventive measures for Ipratropium?
The following precautions must be taken when using Ipratropium:
- Do not drive or carry heavy loads after inhaling this medicine, as it can cause blurry vision blurry or dizziness.
- During pregnancy, this medication should be taken only if necessary, as per the doctor’s directions.
- Breastfeeding mothers should consult their doctors before taking this medication.
- Keep it out of the reach of pets and children.
- Do not use the product after the expiry date.
- If inhaled by a kid, immediately take him to your nearby doctor.
- Before inhaling this medicine, consult a doctor if you are a marijuana smoker.
At what temperature should this medication be kept?
It is advised to keep the medicine at room temperature, away from moisture and sunlight.
The list of important information regarding Ipratropium is as follows:
- Store at room temperature
- Keep out of children’s reach
- Do not store expired medications
- Do not freeze
- Adults and children under 12 — one to four puffs 4 times a day
- Children up to the age of 12 — one or two puffs 4 times a day
- Adults and children over the age of 12 — 500 mcg in a nebulizer for 3-4 times a day — must be repeated after every 6 to 8 hours, or as per doctor’s prescription
- Children from 5 to 12 years old — 125 to 250 mcg in a nebulizer for 3-4 times a day — must be repeated after every 4 to 6 hours or as per doctor’s prescription
- Children under five years — as per doctor’s prescription
For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD):
- Adults — two puffs four times a day or as per doctor’s prescription
- Children — as per doctor’s prescription
For Inhalation Solution:
- Adults and children (12 and older) —250 to 500 mcg 3-4 times a day every — 6 to 8 hours
- Children (up to 12) — as directed by the doctor
III- Substitutes of Ipratropium
Here are a few medications that can be used if Ipratropium is not available:
- Atrovent Nasal Forte
- Otrivin Plus Nasal Spray
Always consult a medical expert before taking any medication.
No matter how much you know about any medication, it is advised to get an expert’s advice before using them. Consult a pulmonologist via Marham. pk before using Ipratropium.
1. Is Ipratropium a steroid?
Ipratropium is not a steroid. Instead, it is an anticholinergic, which is different from steroids.
2. Who should not use Ipratropium?
People with allergic symptoms to Ipratropium must not use this drug. Also, if your body responds negatively to this medicine, stop using it and consult your doctor.
3. Does Ipratropium impact blood pressure?
Ipratropium does cause a rise in blood pressure. Therefore, it is advisable to regularly check your blood pressure while having this medication.
Code for Medicine’s disclaimer
Disclaimer: The content published on Marham.pk is for informational or educational purposes only, produced from FDA-approved literature, and does not substitute professional medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider before using a prescription or over-the-counter drug, or any other treatment option.