Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Eye Surgeon on Diabetic Retinopathy

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Female, 55 years old, She lives in Faisalabad

My mother has DM since 20 yrs with C/O decreased visual acuity in left Eye since 1 yr. Past History:-(L) catarct surgery 7/12 ?About eight Anti-VEGF injections in (L) eye. ?She can't see in (R) eye due to TRD and only see a bit through (L) eye due to macular edema with resolved vit.hemorrhage. ?Current medication:- eye drops only like ?Ristases ?Systane ?Lacri-lube I'm doctor and much much worried about my mother. I'll be grateful to you if you could give a nice consultation as i'm not with my mother at the moment i live in UK.

Eye Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Syed Abdullah Mazhar

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Syed Abdullah Mazhar - Eye Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, MRCS | Lahore

review-stars

81 Positive Reviews

this is all because of uncontrolled DM leading to retinopathy and maculopathy. primarily there should be ideal control of DM and then treatment of its complications on the eyes. as per your description it seems that retinopathy and maculopathy is quite severe and in these cases the visual prognosis is usually guarded depending upon how much healthy retina is left behind and extent of the damage.

Post Owner

Thanx alot Dr.Abdullah, meanwhile she is under treatment of Dr.Afzal Husain at National Eye Center Lahore.
Her diabetes has also been controlled with HbA1c 6.1 , but i'm curious what should be the choice of investigation in that case to check back of eye either o.c.t scanning or fluorescein angiography,and probably what should be the next step??

5 years ago

MBBS, FCPS, MRCS | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 81 Positive Reviews

most welcome..i can not comment more about the further investigations or treatment and management plan untill n unless i myself examine and asses her eyes and see the current stage n extent of retinopathy.

5 years ago

Post Owner

Yeah!! Dr.Abdullah i'll not hesitate to contact with you..thank you very much once again

5 years ago

MBBS, FCPS, MRCS | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 81 Positive Reviews

my pleasure

5 years ago

Eye Surgeon in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Shamshad Ali
Asst. Prof. Dr. Shamshad Ali - Eye Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Ophthalmologist) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 34 Positive Reviews

Dear Dr afzal Hussain is good at dealing the Retinal diseases. Keep in touch with him.

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Plz send your.mom.....its uncontrolled dm....once thats fixed, eye surgeons can take over

Post Owner

Thank you very much Dr.Zaar, surely its uncontrolled DM but now her HbA1c is 6.1 , i'll definately make an appointement to get your very useful consultation regarding tight glycemic control and complications of DM.

5 years ago

Eye Surgeon in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Huma Kayani

Prof. Dr. Huma Kayani - Eye Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS, FRCS (UK), VR Fellowship (USA), CAAAM | Lahore

review-stars

980 Positive Reviews

if there is vitreous hemorrhage as well then its advanced DR. Anti vegf in combination with laser is a good protocol. monthly ocular exam and good diabetic plus hypertensive control is the key. keep up the follow up
Regards

Post Owner

So nice and comprehensive reply thanx Dr.Huma. I'll send my mother to you for very practical and helpful advices by you.
Regards
Dr.Khalid

5 years ago

Endocrinologist in Lahore - Dr. Gulshad Hasan

Dr. Gulshad Hasan - Endocrinologist

MBBS, MRCP (UK), FRCP (UK), SC (Endocrinology & Diabetes) | Lahore

review-stars

476 Positive Reviews

HBA1c, 6.1, indicates excellent control. Hope her blood pressure control is excellent as well and renal function is normal? Poor blood pressure control also predisposes eye complications in Diabetic patients.

Post Owner

Thanx alot Dr.Gulshad appriciated sir..

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Diseases releated to Eye Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories