How many of you think dandruff is dangerous? No, it’s a harmless condition in which your scalp gets greasy and dry resulting in the production of white flake-like particles which is basically dead skin appearing in your hair and drops on your shoulders. It is very embarrassing for those who suffer from it. Dandruff starts at age 15 and onwards and it affects up to 40 percent of the population. Mostly it goes away with some home remedies and shampoos but some serious cases may need the attention of a dermatologist. To find and consult the best dermatologist in Lahore, Karachi or other main cities of Pakistan visit Marham.pk.
Causes of Dandruff:
There are many causes and types of dandruff:
- On our scalp skin, cells are formed and old skin or you can say dead skin cells keep on shedding but when dandruff hits you your cells start shedding at a faster pace than normal. They clump together in presence of oil and white flakes form.
- If you have dry skin than you normally will suffer from dandruff.
- When you are sensitive to hair care products and certain skin conditions such as eczema you will suffer from dandruff.
- Overgrowth of yeast also causes dandruff. What increases growth? Stress and hormones.
Your scalp may feel itchy all the time due to scratching yellow or red scales may appear on the hairline. Some newborns also become affected by it and may get a crusty thick rash on scalp called cradle cap.
Diagnosis and Types:
It is a self-diagnostic condition when you feel itchy skin and dry scalp and white flakes falling from the hair you know you had dandruff.
It has two types;
- Seborrheic dermatitis- a reddish skin with grease and yellow scales is common in this condition.
- Psoriasis: You will see scaly well-defined plaques in this situation.
Treatment and Prevention:
Dandruff can be controlled with proper treatment.
- Frequently wash your hair.
- First wash your hair with non-medicated shampoo than massage your scalp and rinse.
- Do these frequently but if this fails in helping you consult dermatologist he will guide you further, follow his advice and you will see better results. You can find the best dermatologist in Karachi, Lahore and other main cities via Marham.pk.
Your hairs are like a crown on your head take good care of these to avoid losing it.