Table of Content
Are you a fruit lover? Do you know of a fruit that has its origin in Japan and China? It is yellow and is tomato shaped? It is famous because of its sweet and honey-like taste. Yes, you got its name, right? It is the Amlok fruit, also called Persimmon. Some of you might love eating it while others do not. Some might also be familiar with Amlok fruit benefits, while others may not know any. Let’s dive into the discussion and learn some fantastic facts about this fruit.
Amlok is a tasty fruit packed with so many nutrients that are important for your health. You can pluck it from the tree and enjoy its delicious flavour. You can also eat it in dried form. An interesting thing about it is that you can even cook it, adding a new item to your dining table and making everyone wonder. It is also used in puddings, jellies, drinks and pies around the globe. No doubt many types of Amlok exist, but Hachiya and Fuyu are the most popular ones.
- Hachiya is rich in plant chemicals known as tannins, giving it a bitter taste if you consume it unripe. So, you can only enjoy it when it is completely ripe.
- Fuyu also contains tannins, but it is non-acidic. So, this type of Amlok fruit can be eaten even when not fully ripe.
Amlok Fruit Benefits
Amlok fruit is small in size but has a substantial nutritional value. According to research, it is low in calories and rich in fibre which makes it weight loss friendly. Apart from this, it contains carotenoids and tannins that have a positive impact on your health. Even its leaves are considered valuable because they are rich in Vitamin C. Moreover, they contain Vitamin A, B and minerals like manganese and potassium. From being rich in antioxidants to adding flavours to your meal, Amlok fruit has won the hearts of many.
Amlok Fruit Benefits in Pregnancy
For those mothers who are expecting, this fruit is highly recommended by nutritionists. Due to it being rich in nutrients, it is best for the health of the mother and fetus. Vitamin C in Amlok fruit enhances immunity and also fights depression and anxiety. Its iron-rich content boosts the haemoglobin count and prevents the mother from being anaemic during pregnancy.
Not only Amlok fruit benefits the mother but also the growing baby. Research shows that the minerals that it contains, like phosphorous and calcium, help develop bones in the unborn baby. Magnesium that the Amlok fruit contains helps lower blood pressure in pregnant women and lower the risk of kidney stones.
Moreover, it is rich in antioxidants. They neutralize the free radicals and protect both the mother and the fetus from cellular damage. Calcium present in Amlok fruit prevents both the mother and the growing baby from cardiovascular diseases. Due to its richness in vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates, it is considered fit for pregnant women.
Amlok Dry Fruit Benefits
The bad news is that heart disease is the leading cause of death across the globe. The good news is, you can save yourself by taking a healthy diet and amlok fruit benefits should not be overlooked.
- Amlok fruit is the best fruit choice as it is rich in flavonoid antioxidants that reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Amlok fruit is rich in fibre that helps lower the bad cholesterol level. Also, it fuels the growth of good bacteria in your intestines that improve your digestion and overall health. Its high fibre content lowers the high blood sugar level and helps in smooth bowel movement.
- It is rich in Vitamin C that protects your body cells from being damaged by the free radicals, and reduces inflammation in the body. It also contains carotenoids, Vitamin E and flavonoids that combat inflammation in your body.
Black Amlok Fruit Benefits
They are rich in antioxidants that fight oxidative stress. Oxidative stress links to various diseases that include Alzheimer’s, heart diseases, cancer and diabetes. So, consuming Black Amlok lowers the risk of getting such conditions. It also contains beta-carotene that protects you from developing Type 2 Diabetes. Moreover, it is rich in Vitamin A and antioxidants that are very important for your eyesight. The carotenoids antioxidants are responsible for your healthy vision. Zeaxanthin and lutein present in Amlok fruit reduces the risk of vision loss and prevent you from getting other eye diseases.
Amlok Fruit: Delicious To Add To Your Diet
To get all the Amlok fruit benefits, some of the ways in which you can add Amlok fruit to your diet are mentioned below.
- Use it in salads, as it will add flavour to your plate.
- Top your yoghurt with Amlok fruit to give it a sweet flavour.
- Mix the dried or fresh Amlok fruit into bread or muffins.
- Bake it with the chicken to give it a unique flavour.
Are you bored of getting the same food again and again? Are you looking for a fruit that has rich nutritional value? Well, try Amlok fruit. It pairs well with many foods and adds flavour to your life. Besides, it is packed with nutrients that boost your immunity and protect you from getting diseases.
1. Is it good to taste?
Yes, it is sweet and has a honey-like taste. When combined with other foods, it enhances its flavor.
2. Does Amlok fruit help overcome aging?
Yes, its peel is very beneficial. When you apply it to your face, it not only gives you a glow but also reduces aging.
3. Is Amlok a seasonal fruit?
Yes, it is a seasonal fruit. It is commonly found during the end of summers and the start of winters.
Book an appointment now, to answer all your queries. You can book an appointment with the top nutritionists through Marham by calling at Marham helpline: 0311-1222398 or by online booking facility through the website or Marham mobile app.
Can’t Find The App?
Drop a review for us at Playstore if you’ve had a good experience!
Stay Home Stay Safe!