Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic Surgeon on Orthopaedic

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 32 years old, Lahore

Aoa. I was having knee problem. Dr diagnosed bursitis and told me that he will inject. On 23 May I got injection. Now my Injection pain is not going. Is it a serious issue. Or how much time it takes to get well? I have taken pain killers also voltrtal etc but please tell me how much time it takes what's the issue?

Orthopedic Surgeon in Karachi - Dr. Sateesh Pal Budhani

Dr. Sateesh Pal Budhani - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery) | Karachi

review-stars

31 Positive Reviews

Usually injection pain resolves within few days.If u persistent pain,than see nearby Orthopedi surgeon as there is risk of infection due to injection.
meanwhile start icepackings over that area and continue local pain killers

Post Owner

But I have no sign of infection. Or does the duration of relief varies body to body? And what is the maximum time of this pain. 1 month 2 month?

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore

review-stars

195 Positive Reviews

it's unusual to have continuous pain at injection site. you need to make sure there is no infection at that site.
Bursitis itself can need more treatment and one injection might not be enough.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Karachi - Dr. Sateesh Pal Budhani

Dr. Sateesh Pal Budhani - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery) | Karachi

review-stars

31 Positive Reviews

It usually resolves within few days.
If u have no sign of infection,than start agressive ice pack therapy over injection site and local voltral gel...If it doesnt improe than see nearby orthopedic surgeon

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Imran Qadeer Dar

Dr. Imran Qadeer Dar - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, FRCSEd (Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

25 Positive Reviews

Was the injection given in the knee joint or a swelling in front of knee? Was it steroid or some other medicine?
For bursitis usually injection is not given unless it is a simple synovial cyst. Severe pain post injection is an unusual feature and you should have your knee checked again. Infection is a real risk and pain with swelling are early signs of infection and later redness appears and area becomes warm. You should take further advice again.

Member of Marham-Forum

Assalamuallikum sir
here is zeeshan khan
my achellies tendon reptured since last 3 years iam use madicene for rosolving this issue but still i have facing problem...

please help me and sudgest way of 100% recovery

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 195 Positive Reviews

for rupture of tendon years ago, surgery is the best solution to restore strength and stability.

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories