Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Physiotherapist on Posture Issues

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 25 years old, Islamabad

I work as a freelancer and my job is for eight hours on a laptop. its been three months and instead of using chair I am lying on a bed for eight hours and doing my work as in laptop is on my body. I take a break for 5 to 10 mins other than that I am in this posture. I am not using any table for laptop its just on my body. I want to know would this kind of posture would effect my health? should i change this, if yes? what would be the right posture to go for?

Member of Marham-Forum

Hello, yes ofcourse , your wrong posture will give you a biggest impact on your health especially for overworking muscles it will continuously in use and no time for proper relax.. seated chair must be comfortable with proper back rest

Physiotherapist in Okara - Dr. Ejaz Ahmad Bhatti Pt

Dr. Ejaz Ahmad Bhatti Pt - Physiotherapist

BS-Physiotherapy, TCM Practitioner & Auricular Therapist | Okara

review-stars

20 Positive Reviews

this posture is not corect you may develp back ach or neck pain.plz use laptop in a right postur sit straight with back cusion and laptop with eye level

Physiotherapist in Rahim Yar Khan - Qasim Murtaza

Qasim Murtaza - Physiotherapist

MS-NMPT( Master of Science in Neuro Muscular Physical Therapy), DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy) | Rahim Yar Khan

review-stars

12 Positive Reviews

Poor Posture can effect body mechanics,reduce strength and in long term will also effect on spine mobility.
You should use your laptop in sitting position place on table.
Be more aware of your posture while working on laptop and perform stretching exercises before and after work. Re adjust your seat and table according to your height.
Consult Physiotherapist for proper exercise counselling and also Work on exercise that strengthen your core muscles and your mid back muscles. Take deep breaths in a better posture, which help to mobilizer your spine. If you find it difficult to concentrate when you’re lying down, an alternative would be to sit up and place a pillow directly behind your lower back.

Physiotherapist in Islamabad - Dr. Urooj Fatima Pt

Dr. Urooj Fatima Pt - Physiotherapist

DPT, Ms (Cardiopulmonary) | Islamabad

review-stars

25 Positive Reviews

YES . I will greatly effect your health. do try to use table for your laptop and sit on chair. I will seem difficult in start but after that I will get use to it. or if you want to sit on your bed. place proper back rest and use small laptop tables , available in markets . and most importantly stretch your back during your rest periods and take rest of 5 to 10 mints after every hour.

Physiotherapist in Islamabad - Dr. Muhammad Ashfaq

Dr. Muhammad Ashfaq - Physiotherapist

DPT, BSPT, Foreign Trained in Rehabilitation | Islamabad

review-stars

101 Positive Reviews

Frequent change of posture is essential to avoid bad impact of any particular posture.

Member of Marham-Forum

uh! very bad habit for your health. you can consult me

Physiotherapist in Lahore - Dr. Iqra Ibrar Pt

Dr. Iqra Ibrar Pt - Physiotherapist

DPT, Masters (Orthopedic Physiotherapy) | Lahore

Posture should be correct in your ADLs especially while using laptop. Sit with proper back support, eye to screen level should be proper, take stretching breaks in between

Physiotherapist in Taxila - Huma Tabassum

Huma Tabassum - Physiotherapist

DPT, MS OMPT (Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy) | Taxila

Yes continously adopting bad posture will definitely effect body image and muscles.
Forward head and thoracic hump are more commonly adopted bad postures during desk work. You should correct your posture by:
1.Taking small rest intervals between work
2.Place laptop at eye level in horizontal plan, don't bend your neck continuously
3.use chair with proper back curve support and also use table with adjustable hight
4.Do gentle muscle stretchings to relax your muscles.

Member of Marham-Forum

Well-versed in a broad range of PT programs, treatments and modalities restoring function and mitigating disability for diseased and injured patients. Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and proficiency in patient assessment, time management and therapy-program design/execution. Deeply committed to delivering quality care and achieving superior patient outcomes.

Member of Marham-Forum

Not moving enough can weaken your core muscles, make the pain worse over the long term, and also lead to other health problems. Because of this, people who have back pain are often advised to get "more exercise" and "stay active.you should visit to competent physiotherapist who can asses you and design a specific physiotherapy plan to correct your posture,ease pain and strengthening of back muscles.

Physiotherapist in Islamabad - Dr. Saba Kafiat Pt

Dr. Saba Kafiat Pt - Physiotherapist

DPT, BLS, MS (Cardiopulmonary physical therapy) | Islamabad

review-stars

249 Positive Reviews

hello ..bad posture or stoop posturee can have a great impact not only on the daily activites but can also cause straightening of the normal cervical curves..so you must take care of your posture and upright posture is the best for it

Member of Marham-Forum

Proper back support is vital no matter where you’re using your laptop, but in bed, it’s harder to achieve. To support your spine adequately, sit with your back against the wall or headboard of your bed. Place a small pillow or pillows behind your lower back for additional lumbar support, and place another pillow under your knees. You shouldn’t feel any inclination to hunch over, slide downward or turn sideways; keeping the laptop screen directly in front of you is important if you want to avoid cricks in your neck and back

Physiotherapist in Islamabad - Dr. Muhammad Ashfaq

Dr. Muhammad Ashfaq - Physiotherapist

DPT, BSPT, Foreign Trained in Rehabilitation | Islamabad

review-stars

101 Positive Reviews

real time observation is imperative for analysis of ergonomics of your working posture. Only after then recommendations may be given if any...

Physiotherapist in Lahore - Dr. Fatima Niazi

Dr. Fatima Niazi - Physiotherapist

BSPT (Pb),TDPT/M.Phil. (KEMU), MS Orthopedic , Manual Physical Therapy (RIU) Chiropractor , Certificate In Manual Therapy (Spine) | Lahore

review-stars

281 Positive Reviews

Very bad posture to use laptop lying in bed,, u have neck pain and u are ready to invite backpain. Definetely you have to correct your posture

Physiotherapist in Islamabad - Fateh Muhammad

You must change the current posture. At least start use in sitting on table / chair, maintain neutral position of all body segments. To learn the good posture visit any Physiotherapist.

Physiotherapist in Lahore - Faraz Ahsan Khan

Faraz Ahsan Khan - Physiotherapist

DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy) | Lahore

review-stars

22 Positive Reviews

it's not good for you. it can cause cervical compression. best posture is to sit upright on chair

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Physiotherapist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories